PDA

View Full Version : Taking infants into shows?

ANG
09-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Do you think some of the shows are appropriate to bring an infant in to? My son is 4 months old, he doesn't scare easily by loud noises. But I guess I'm more worried about the smokes/smells/lights etc. We will have a carrier so he;ll be up against my chest for safety.

Any opinions?

Strmchsr
09-10-2009, 04:21 PM
If he doesn't startle easily then he might be interested in some of the shows. Just sit near the exit so you can move out quickly if he gets upset. Then it's no problem.

KylesMom
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I agree with Chris. There are several shows that, as long as you make an effort to sit in the back for a quick getaway, you don't have to miss.

Even though it's one of the best shows at Disney, I would recommend you skip Philharmagic at MK due to the very loud soundtrack, however.

Tigerinvestigator
09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The only one we really had a problem with at that age was ITTBAB. They really don't understand the show to be scared, but panic when everyone in the audience is screaming and panicking!:( The smoke and loud noise don't help when they are that age.:thumbsup:

redlegwife96
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Just a suggestion...you can buy noise reduction headphones for infants. If you are worried about the noise this would be a good option. Some of the shows are very loud. (My DS, age 10, has sensitive hearing and some of the shows give him a headache.) By reducing the noise it's much more enjoyable, and your little one may enjoy the visual stimulation more.

Have a wonderful trip!
:minnie::mickey3:

redlegwife96
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry...when I read your post I thought it said he was startled by noises. My mistake. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post.

I would say that with most of the shows the lights/smells/smoke aren't a problem...usually it's how loud they are, and as someone previously said..."They really don't understand the show to be scared, but panic when everyone in the audience is screaming and panicking!"

Enjoy your trip!:mickey: