PDA

View Full Version : AP discount question - how many rooms?

Figment78
09-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I tried to do a search first, but this was really tough to find search terms that made sense.

My DH and I both have APs. We are traveling wtih 2 other adult couples in April 2010. In the past, I could book up to 3 rooms on my 1 AP. I thought they had changed that so that you can only book 1 room per AP. Can someone confirm that for me?

Second, since my DH has an AP, it would follow that we can book 2 rooms with the AP rate. However, he will be staying in my room and the other room would be for my sister and her BF. So since I essentially have 2 APs, can I book 2 rooms, but put my DH and I (the AP holders) in one room and my sis & her BF in the other?

I'm SO confused. Initially I was just going to put DH in my Sister's room on the reservation, but then I realized that my Sis and her BF would probably be off running around without us a lot of the time, and would need the appropriate room keys and tickets.

Would it work to buy separate tickets for my sis and her BF and NOT have them on the KTTW cards and then just have my DH and Sis switch room keys? And my DH and sis would just not use their KTTW keys for purchases.

This is so utterly confusing to me.
It is a very slim chance that my sis or her BF would be returning to WDW within a year, so we are trying to avoid her purchasing an AP if possible.

greengeen
09-14-2009, 04:57 PM
One room per AP holder. The discount is for the AP holder, not for relatives, friends, coworkers, acquaintances, etc. That's why they changed it, because the privilege was being abused.

centralohio disneyfan
09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
One room per AP holder. The discount is for the AP holder, not for relatives, friends, coworkers, acquaintances, etc. That's why they changed it, because the privilege was being abused.

I am an Annual Passholder and just last week reserved two rooms at Pop Century with an Annual Pass discount. The extra room is for friends from North Carolina. They also received the discounted rate and also received a separate confirmation in the mail at their address in North Carolina.