PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews-some new favorites

PetefromRI
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
We just returned yesterday from a 4 night trip with the free dining and were very pleased with our TS choices.Our first night we went to Ragland Road and we will be going here more often.A CM outside suggested the short ribs so we tried them and they were delicious.They came in a covered pot with mashed potatoes and carrots along with Irish Soda Bread which was served before dinner.The bread and butter pudding was to die for and by the time we were done they had to roll us out,but not before we had time to enjoy a group called the Willis Clan,a family of eight ranging from about 8 years old all the way to the father on keyboards.The 2 youngest,a boy and girl would step dance on the small dance stage in the middle of the restaurant.Very,Very entertaining.
Our next night we ate at Kona Cafe and enjoyed as we always do.They do tend to push you out the door here but the food is good and it's at the Poly so thats always nice.
Our third night we tried Tutto Italia and were very pleased with the whole experience.The food was good,not Federal Hill good,but it was still good and alot better than Olive Garden which I despise.We had a ceaser salad before our meal which we had to pay extra for and at 13.00 each it was a little pricey but still very good.The service was bar none the best we've ever had anywhere in Disney and it was a very slow,relaxed meal.The inside of this place is beautiful and the background music is very soothing.I think the whole meal took about 1 hour 40 minutes or so and we got out just in time for Illuminations.
Our final meal was at the Grand Floridian Cafe and as everyone had said,it truly is a hidden gem.I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and my wife had a pasta dish which was delicious.The dessert was also very good.We really loved the atmoshere and service at this place.I'm really glad that we tried these new places and we'll be back for sure.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Excellent choices! You tried two of my favorites (Raglan Road, GF Cafe) and I'm so glad they didn't disappoint. Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Sounds great

Pally
09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
We recently went to GF Cafe to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our meal. I had the shrimp appetizer for two and shared with one son. Boys also had cesar salad. It was truly one of the best shrimp appetizers I have ever had. It consisted of a trio of three different combinations. All were fantastic. One was done with a bruschetta base. One was on top of lobster bread with cream sauce. My boys had the salmon and loved it. My DH and I had the rib eye which was very good.

We also ordered a custom cake $$ which they did a beautiful job of. It was excellent in taste. Worth every penny. For the boys we had ordered a white chocolate Mickey with six tuxedo strawberries. Very tasty. They also took a complimentary picture of our group and presented this later during our meal. To say the least they took very good care of us.:mickey:

Suz36
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Happy to hear you liked Tutto Italia - we're trying there in October.

Tigerinvestigator
09-10-2009, 11:00 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks for the review, I am looking forward to trying Raglan Road in the near future!

stitchaholic
09-11-2009, 06:34 AM
I
am looking forward to trying Raglan Road in the near future!

me too! thanks for the report!

VWL Mom
09-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Our third night we tried Tutto Italia and were very pleased with the whole experience.The food was good,not Federal Hill good,but it was still good and alot better than Olive Garden which I despise.We had a ceaser salad before our meal which we had to pay extra for and at 13.00 each it was a little pricey but still very good.The service was bar none the best we've ever had anywhere in Disney and it was a very slow,relaxed meal.The inside of this place is beautiful and the background music is very soothing.I think the whole meal took about 1 hour 40 minutes or so and we got out just in time for Illuminations.:

Totally agree with you on this. We can certainly get better Italian food here but Tutto Italia is good. We have always had great service and were always allowed a nice leisurely meal.

final meal was at the Grand Floridian Cafe and as everyone had said,it truly is a hidden gem.I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and my wife had a pasta dish which was delicious.The dessert was also very good.We really loved the atmoshere and service at this place.I'm really glad that we tried these new places and we'll be back for sure.:thumbsup:

We are trying this for the first time in November. Sounds like a good choice.

jillluvsdisney
09-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Raglan, Kona and Tutto are 3 of my favorites.
We aren't doing Kona this year ( first time in 10 trups) but we are going back to Raglan and Tutto. We tried them for the first time last year and loved them.