PDA

View Full Version : Play n Dine - Hollywood & vine

Figment78
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Can anyone tell me more about this breakfast? I know the characters are listed as June & Leo, JoJo and Goliath and that there are some 'favorite playhouse disney songs' involved. Does anyone know if the songs they do are strictly from these two shows or if they do thinkgs like the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Club House and Tigger and Pooh or anything? (We did the PHDis show over in Animation Courtyard and DS loved it! Definitely going back to that.) I was planning to skip this character meal because DS probably doesn't remember JoJo anymore (was only on for about a month when he was about 1 year old) but if they do some other music he recognizes I'm sure he'd enjoy it.

Feedback?
(PS - I know some say the food is bad. I'm not overly concerned about that right now. Just wondering about the entertainment factor).

sassy2000
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
We've only been for lunch but I do remember them playing the "Hot Dog" song and others.

Soccermom12
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
We just had breakfast there this August.

They have two cast members (one for each side of the restaurant), and they get up every fifteen minutes or so and sing and dance. The characters stop whatever they are doing (signing autographs, pictures. etc) and go up to join in the song/dance.....but they always come back to where ever they left off. They invite everyone to come up and join them. The songs were all Playhouse Disney Songs (not just Little Einsteins and JoJo ones). They did a conga line around the restaurant...my DD(2.5) LOVED it....so did my DS(8) (even though he said he was just joining in to keep his sister company).

Figment78
09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
How cute! I think we will do this. DS will only be 21 months and although he walks very well, I'm not too sure I would let him join a conga line by himself. (I'm a nervous 1st time parent...) Can parents go with their kids if they are young or is it strictly kids only?

Soccermom12
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Some parents joined in with their children. You will definitely not be the only ones up there!

We have 4 children- our DD(2.5) is the youngest. When our DS(8) was willing to dance with her, we jumped at the chance to take a break! It was a lot of fun to watch!

andreallybadeggs
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
"Feedback?
(PS - I know some say the food is bad. I'm not overly concerned about that right now. Just wondering about the entertainment factor)."

I knew none of the songs and still got roped into dancing with the kids-- it was really fun and the rest of the adults were highly entertained by me trying to jump up and down as quickly as the tots.
As for the food, we had no complaints. Plenty on the buffet for everyone to find something they like + made-to-order omelets so not bad at all.

Belle_0717
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
We definitely enjoyed the food at breakfast. We were able to get the first seating and DNephew at 1 had a great time. We got up with him & danced. I think I had more fun than he did.