PDA

View Full Version : EMH on New Year's Eve

beksy
09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
This will be our first time in about 15 years where we will be at WDW on New Year's Eve so I'm not really sure what to expect except for huge crowds! We have a MK view room at the CR and Mom's health is not really good, so we might end up ringing in the New Year there. I know she won't be up for a full day without a nap and if the MK reaches capacity and Epcot reaches capacity, then we will just do that. My question is, if they do reach capacity earlier in the day, do they stay full until midnight or do they start to empty some after the first set of fireworks earlier in the evening? If so, how can we find out when or if a park is opening again and when or if it has reached full capacity? Also, it looks like the EMHs are for DHS that night. It is not our favorite park so we don't particularly want to be there at midnight but we have APs so can we leave a park, or our room, after midnight and go to DHS for the EMHs? Thanks for your help and any other advice you might have. I hope this made sense! :blush:

glenpreece
09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't have an answer for you but I was wondering the same thing. I am flying in on the 30th and was hoping to go to MK for fireworks but if the park is full I am outta luck.

CanadianWDWFan
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
When we did New Year's 07/08, we arrived at the parks at 11:00am and MK was at capacity closed to any more guests. It was this way all day. We spent the part of the day at DHS and it to was PACKED! So we headed back to our resort and spent a great rest of the day there.

If there are any concerns about crowds or being at the parks all day, then my suggestion is to enjoy your resort and what it has to offer, then ring in New Year's from your room/resort.

TheRustyScupper
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
1) When, not if, MK hits capacity, it can ebb-and-flow afterward.
. . . after some leave, they can let in others
. . . then entry stops due to capacity
2) There is no way to guess ahead of time when there is entry.
3) At any EXACT time, your front desk will *usually* know the status.
. . . park status is flashed on all the computer screens
. . . but, if it is ebb/flow time, they do not update
. . . they only update for a sustained change in capacity
4) But, this can change by the time you get to the turnstiles.