PDA

View Full Version : I want Chef Mickey's!!

LoriSan
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
wahhhh! I just need to whine. I have been trying AT LEAST twice a day for months to get Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Nada. nothing. zilch. :(

I'm bummed. 5 more days to try.

SurferStitch
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Keep trying! You may just luck out right before you leave.

Also keep trying while you're in WDW. A lot of people cancel last minute, or the night before.

tinksmom02
09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
So sorry you can't get CMs. :( Here's some :pixie: that you can get it within the next couple days...or even try calling about it while you're in the World!

WDWCrazyKaren
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I totally sympathize with you. We simply must do Chef Mickeys for breakfast every trip. It's a "first day" tradition. Not this trip. We leave in 18 days and we were able to secure a breakfast the last day of the trip, so this tradition has been curbed a bit.

Good luck, and just keep on trying!

redleg96
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
If you're not set on breakfast and would be willing to settle for Chef Mickey's for dinner instead you might have luck. When we made our ADRs for dinner there were several seatings available. We're not big 'breakfast people' and in our opinion all the breakfast foods we've seen have been pretty standard at all the buffet's. I'm sure some might disagree but if you're going for the venue as opposed to the food, you may want to give dinner a try.

faline
09-08-2009, 07:49 PM
A couple of things to try - when you get to your resort, call Disney Dining - you never know when a cancellation will turn up.

Secondly, show up at Chef Mickey's about 15-20 minutes before opening and inquire about a walk-in possibility. We've have good luck with this with a couple of very popular restaurants. No guarantee - but you could try!

Greenlawler
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Same here we have been trying twice a day for the last month trying to get a character breakfast for Oct 2nd. Not just a certain one but all of them and I have had no luck.

I will keep trying, not too worried.....you are not alone.

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Same here we have been trying twice a day for the last month trying to get a character breakfast for Oct 2nd. Not just a certain one but all of them and I have had no luck.

I will keep trying, not too worried.....you are not alone.

1) Have you tried the Hilton or the Swan?
2) They are frequently overlooked.

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Chef Mickey's is by far the hardest ADR to get each time we go! Keep trying, you never know.:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I've been trying for months too and had a little luck.....at it was on the online ADR system too!

My problem is Crystal Palace!!

DS#1 wanted CM's

DS#2 would like CP

so I have a double dilemma!

A CM from dining told me to just keep trying and even when we get there too......like others have said.

LoriSan
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
If you're not set on breakfast and would be willing to settle for Chef Mickey's for dinner instead you might have luck. When we made our ADRs for dinner there were several seatings available. We're not big 'breakfast people' and in our opinion all the breakfast foods we've seen have been pretty standard at all the buffet's. I'm sure some might disagree but if you're going for the venue as opposed to the food, you may want to give dinner a try.

I actually have an ADR for dinner at CM, which would be our first time there for dinner. I just really like the breakfast!

Tinkerbella16
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I actually have an ADR for dinner at CM, which would be our first time there for dinner. I just really like the breakfast!

We always must eat at Chef Mickeys for breakfast each trip...its my favorite of all the character breakfasts!! I didn't know it was that difficult to get an ADR there... its starting to get like Le'Cellier now huh?? lol

This year we are doing breakfast & dinner, with dinner being our first time! Good luck fellow Phillies fan! And keep trying even when you are there... there will more than likely be a cancellation the day of if you try!!

Have an awesome trip! :mickey:

phillydan
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I would like to suggest 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian as an alterntative, especially since you are going to CM for dinner during your stay. The Mad Hatter really made it a special experience, much different from CM (not better or worse, just different). I think my kids liked it better than CM, which we also did during our same trip. I would hesitiate on the walk-up; when we came out of CM after our 7:30am breakfast, there had to be at least 25-30 people waiting for a walk-up opening (I was standing by the check-in counter and heard them asking).

P.S. The food was much better at the GF - they even had an omelette station.:cloud9:

Mousemates
09-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Secondly, show up at Chef Mickey's about 15-20 minutes before opening and inquire about a walk-in possibility. We've have good luck with this with a couple of very popular restaurants. No guarantee - but you could try!

:ditto: This has also worked well for us for some of those eateries where getting an ADR is difficult...of course there is no guarantee...and usually its not at the prime dining hours...but you do get in.

2Goofy
09-10-2009, 09:41 AM
All I can say is keep trying. Yesterday my DW was able to secure both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana for breakfast next week. Scored a Cape May dinner next week also. These restaurants have been booked up for months but persistance paid off in the end. :thumbsup: