PDA

View Full Version : Daily opening celebration at parks?

jakeofwildwood
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Two years ago I had the opportunity to watch the Magic Kingdom opening celebration and had a great time! I still have a "Welcome" piece of glitter in my wallet to carry me through the day :secret:.

I was wondering if anyone knows A) How early do we need to be at a individual parks for the celebration, B) does each park perform the celebration every day and C) are they worth it?

Since we will be running around like crazy ducks every day, that extra 1/2 hour sleep may make a world of difference. On the other hand, I can sleep when I get back to New Jersey.

Thoughts?

Ms. Mode
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have a special "opening" every day, if you get there about 30 minutes prior to the park opening you should get a good spot..really there is no bad spot :)

dream_disney
09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I know that Animal Kingdom also has an opening ceremony. I went to it last year and it's worth getting up for! It is like a parade... Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goffy and the whole gang greet you. Somehow they make it look like Mickey is climbing the tree of life!

brian2000boston
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
The animal kingdom one is cool, but i may be partial since our son got to hold the rope as they opened, it was VERY COOL!

BelleandtheBeast
09-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I have never been to the opening, bu was planning on doing it when we go in Feb. I hope you enjoy it, let us know how is goes.

LVT
09-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Animal kingdom early opening is when they pick
the Family of the Day to ride in a parade jeep.

kemps@wdw
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
MK, AK, and Epcot all have opening ceremonies. DHS used to one, but last time we were there. they only had a rope drop. We try to get to our chosen park about an hour B4 opening. This usually puts us 1st in line and gives us a chance @ being chosen "Family of the Day". (which we have been honored with 2 times @ Epcot). It also allows us time to chat w/whatever CMs happen to be manning the gates that AM. And I love talking w/them. They're so fun and very informative!:thumbsup:

Joy2theworld
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
DHS definitely has an opening ceremony. They do a "lights, camera, action" theme before the road drop. It is cute. When we were there last year, I think we saw the opening at each park.

SuzieBell
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Are any of these ceremonies during Early Magic Hours or just regular park hours?

Gator
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
On the other hand, I can sleep when I get back to New Jersey.

You can sleep in New Jersey? You must be packin' heat. Anyway, the AK openning is really cool, and the MK is good. I'd get up for at least those two.

ransam
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
we actually got to MK for an early breakfast, and accidently got to see the opening...I thought it was cool...not sure i'd go again....but it was definitly a good time.

fielin
01-04-2010, 05:36 AM
So there is no opening ceremony at Epcot ?

SillySymphony
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Animal Kingdom's is known as The Awakening. Great ambient music and sounds.... suddenly the trees are buzzing and the animals are calling to one another... Many years ago, my son (then 9) and I had shirts made saying, "Connor and Dad's FOUR PARKS - ONE DAY" and the date below. We had always talked about trying to hit all the biggies in each park before we went home. Doing the day in the reverse order of Theme Parks coming on-line we began at AK (followed by MGM; Epcot and MK). Long story short, he was spotted and given the job of opening the Park with Mickey and Minnie. I'm looking at the photo they took and gave us to commemorate it as I write this. He was dressed in a safari vest and hat...! Good times...

ANG
01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Can anyone share a link or more info about all the daily openings?

grumpypima
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Are any of these ceremonies during Early Magic Hours or just regular park hours?

I was wondering the same thing? Does anyone know?

DisneyPrincess21
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I still have a "Welcome" piece of glitter in my wallet to carry me through the day :secret:.

Awww, that's cute

:secret: I still have some of my "pixie dust" glitter I got when I went to CRT for lunch in December. I actually used a piece to make a wish in Cinderella's wishing well, I figured if it was pixie dust from the castle, then it would count more then if it was just a penny :blush: :D

Okay now I am embarrassed :bolt:

b wilburn
01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
We visited the World in 05, 07, and 08. In 2005 and 2007 we arrived early, approximately 1 hour and did view the opening celebration. In 2008, we arrived early as well and did not see it. The CM stated that as of that year, it varies as to when they would do the opening celebration. We were so disappointed as I took my grandson early especially for that.

We tried it again 3 more days which none were EMH but still werent able to see it, only the rope drop.:confused:

CaptSmee
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
So there is no opening ceremony at Epcot ?

There used to be a few years ago. I don't know if there still is. They let you into the park and you walked up to a rope at the Fountain of Nations. Then Mickey & all his pals came around on the World Showcase bus and opened the park. Last year I never got up early enough.

We visited the World in 05, 07, and 08. In 2005 and 2007 we arrived early, approximately 1 hour and did view the opening celebration. In 2008, we arrived early as well and did not see it. The CM stated that as of that year, it varies as to when they would do the opening celebration. We were so disappointed as I took my grandson early especially for that.:confused:

The opening celebration at MK is done daily about 15 min's roughly prior to the official park opening (non emh). I've seen it just about everytime I've been since they started it. When they begin to let you in the turnstiles about 1/2 hr prior to park opening position yourself somewhere in front of the train station near the turnstiles to get the best view.

I've never seen anything at Hollywood Studios other than Stormtroopers on the roof at opening for Star Wars Weekends.