PDA

View Full Version : Talk me into seeing Fantasmic

MickeyMousse
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Of all the trips we've had to WDW, we have never seen Fantasmic. Usually it's because we're all too tired, but now that my DS's are older they want to go.
We're not interested in the dining package, so we will be waiting on line. Which is also a reason why we've never done it-the lines we've seen over the years are huge!
So, talk me into Fantasmic. Any tips you can share would be great too. Thanks!

pcoleman
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
If you have not seen it yet I would make it a point to go. We went in September last year so no lines. How many times have you stood in line for other event, this is no different. In fact it may be better. The path going up is wide and it funnels two ways. Disney is really good at getting large numbers of people through fast. I also have been many times and last year was my first time seeing it. It was wonderful. I think everyone should see it at least once. Hope you have fun.

ransam
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
it's my all time favorite show. It has everything. water show, firworks, real characters, fire on the water, lazers,...if you haven't seen it, please go.

divinedi
09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
No tips on how to make it easier, but for sure you should go! It is a good show, and as mentioned, you should see it at least once, to say that you've been. We try to go everytime we go down, this last time we got rained out unfortunately, so never got to see it, but then that's what next time is for, right!?!

Get there early, take some things for the kids to do while they are sitting waiting (lots of stuff to buy there as usual, so be careful if you're on a budget). If it's really warm, dress appropriately, there's a lot of people there, but if it's cool, you are out in the open, it can get chilly quick, bring a jacket.

meldan98
09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Fantasmic is one of the best shows Disney has ever created. We go to DL at least once a year and avoid Fantasmic because of the way it is situated at the park. When we went to WDW in 2007 I knew that this would be perfect time to take my dd who was 4 at the time. She absolutely loved it and still talks about it 2 years later. I would highly recommend it. The line may seem daunting, but it goes really fast and it is well worth it.

Granny Jill A
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Go and see it at least once. I went, I saw, I never have to go back :). My grandkids (10 & 7) were underwhelmed.

In order to get decent seats, you have to be there when they open up. It was a long boring wait for the show to begin, and I was bone tired by the time it was over.

That said, I would recommend you see it once. It may be the best memory of your trip.

Good luck.

Scar
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Personally, I think Fantasmic! is a complete waste of time. I wouldn't see again if there were no wait. But... that being said, you should see it once and make up your own mind. obviously there are many people that enjoy it.

brownie
09-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Great show! You need to see it at least once. We've always done the dining package to save on the wait in line, and I recommend going that route.

DVC2004
09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I am typically not into shows and parades, however-

You must see Fantasmic at least once. It's really great. The line is not that bad- don't let it deter you.

My sons when they were younger called it Mickey and the Dragon.

Daisy'sMom
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
It's got all the magic that's Disney. Go see it, just once.:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
This is the best disney show I have ever seen. Period. Like others have said, It has Everything you could want out of a show. Our favorite part is when Maleficent turns into a huge fire breathing Dragon that spits fire and makes the lake catch fire. They really outdid themselves. The show lasts about 20ish mins so its not to short or to long.

Oh and did i mention Maleficent? hehe :malef::malef::malef:

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
We're not interested in the dining package, so we will be waiting on line. Even the folks who are paying for the dining package are waiting along with the non-package folks now - we found after 8 years of enjoying the package that it is no longer worth it, as the line splits for the package holders at the top of the stadium.

However, Fantasmic itself really is quite a spectacle, not withstanding the crowds it draws. It's full of action, the best Disney characters, and in the end it's just a feel-good kind of show. I'm with the rest - you have to see Fantasmic at least once! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
09-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Our family has always loved F'mic and we try very hard not to miss it. That being said...it has become a little more frustrating to wait for it. We took my nephew and his family this past summer with us. Lined up about 45 mins early with our whole group in pretty good spirits but the crowds just keep coming. After 20-30 mins of crushing claustrophobia one of our little guys really needed to go to the bathroom. We were in a bad spot...the middle of the middle. My nephew practically had to shove people aside as he tried to find an exit/ some way to get to a bathroom or at least a bush out of everyone's sight. Some people understood his predicament and tried to help but most just thought he was trying to bully his way up to the front and wouldn't budge an inch even when he tried politely (but quickly!) to explain the situation. I knew once we started moving it would be fine but telling that little guy to hold on another 10 or 15 mins just wasn't going to work. There were no CM's anywhere close by to help. It was very frustrating and by the time we all made it into the amphitheater we were pretty grumpy. DD and I still loved it but I don't think the others thought it was worth it. SO-- if everyone in your group has been fed, is not tired, has been to the bathroom, is sure they won't need to go again until they can get into the theatre (our little guy had been but still...) and won't mind being in the midst of a crowd while they wait then YES it is a must do. If you are already cranky then the wait won't improve your outlook and you might not enjoy the show as much as its fans do.

SignguyTom
09-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Grab some food and go in early. They have some Radio Disney folks there keeping the crowd entertained. They do sell some quick food stuff (pretzels, hot dogs-I think- etc.. and drinks, including beer)

It's a nice way to take a load off and wait for a REALLY cool show!! :thumbsup:

Wishmaker
09-09-2009, 07:11 AM
My family has always went in last minute, no wait and to me there is no bad seat. Except for the front. You will get wet if you sit on the front row. My daughter and I went in last year right before the start, people sit weird so there is really more seats available than you can see. So a cast memeber waived us up front. We were so excited. It was pretty windy that night. Needless to say we were so soaked and cold that we had to get up and leave. We will remember that one forever. :blush: We love love love it. I hope you choose to go. Don't worry to much about it. I vote for you not to wait in a line for 45 minutes, there is plenty of room. :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
09-09-2009, 09:04 AM
It's not necessary to go early.

Decide to go.

Go.

All is well.

MickeyMousse
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for all of your advice and DH and I decided that YES we will go during our upcoming trip in November. Like most of you said, go see it once and now that our DS's are older (8 and 12) they can control themselves much better on a wait line than when they were younger.
Thanks everyone!!:thumbsup:

Laughin' place
09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I urge you to try it. It is my all time favorite show, and Ive never seen anything that compares to it in WDW, or elsewhere.
I wonder why you will not consider the dining package. We always use it, and the special entrance, reserved seating, and much shorter wait are very much worth it. Mama Melroses has decent Italian, and pizza for kids or adults. It is so nice to have a good dinner and not sweat the hour to two hour wait in line. We love Fantasmic, and think you will too.:thumbsup:

redlegwife96
09-10-2009, 06:33 PM
We did Fantasmic last summer around July 4th. It was crowded but the kids enjoyed it. One helpful tip...stay to the left side of the lane that leads into the seating area. We watched people "railroading" others into the wall on the right side of the walkway which caused the "traffic" to go slow. The left side moved quickly. We got there late and actually got seating close to the front and center using this tactic. We had the Fantasmic package booked, but canceled it because we wanted to do EMH in a different park that night. I am happy that we did because we had great seats. I would do Fantasmic at least once if crowds are heavy, and would definitely go back if crowds are light.

Have a wonderful time!
:minnie::mickey3:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I had my poor friend running and pushing her mom in a wheelchair last year so we could get there in time. She's never seen the show in all the times she's been there and she too loved it. I try to never miss this show. It's worth the wait and the time you are sitting and waiting recharges your batteries.