PDA

View Full Version : Any words of wisdom?

mudpuppysmom
09-08-2009, 10:35 AM
A friend of mine from HS just recently got back in touch with me and I learned she and her family are going to the world during THANKSGIVING week.....they have made no ADR's as of yet and they are also on the dining plan!

Anyone have any words of wisdom for them other than make those ADR's SOONER THAN SOON!!!

I've done some prelim checking and pickin's are slim already for dining on turkey day.

I also told her about the crowd levels, which she is unconcerned about -- which I tried to clue her in, but I've never gone during this week either, but hear it is busy!

Any help steering her would help me!

MNNHFLTX
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
The best advice I could give would be to be flexible with their dining times. Eating a late lunch mid-afternoon will probably maximize their options. Then they could always use their counter-service credit for a late supper or for breakfast.

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Get to the WS pavilion as they open and get on the list for lunch. Places like Marrakesh are easier to get into because the food is different and the place is hard to find if you don't know where you are going. Hey, how about Marrakesh on Turkey Day!!!!!;)

queenii
09-12-2009, 12:52 PM
This happened to me over the summer. A friend who had never been to Disney went and I tried to tell her to make dining reservations as she booked the dining plan. When she finally took my advice the only places she could get were in resorts. I knew it would be difficult on her first visit to leave the parks and get to resorts for ADR's. I suggested she drop the plan(it wasn't free) or try to get different ADR's. She didn't.

She returned saying she couldn't wait to get home and how bad the trip was. She couldn't see why anyone would want to vacation at Disney because it is too stressful. I just bit my tongue. You can't force people to make ADR's, but is sure is hard to listen to them complain afterward.