PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Dec.31st

buzz638
09-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I know that the parks get full early on Dec.31st, and that you might not be able to enter the park. My question is: Does someone get a guaranteed entry if staying at a Disney hotel no matter the time you arrive at the park? (specifically MK)

And also, usually by what time the park gets to its full capacity ?

Thank you for your help

Buzz

SurferStitch
09-08-2009, 09:24 AM
You do not get guaranteed entry to any park because you stay at a WDW resort. If the park you want to go to is full, you are turned away.

I had read that the MK closes by 10:00am or 11:00 am on NYE, but I'm not sure about that. I'm sure someone who has been there for that can give an accurate estimate.

If you want to be at a park for NYE, I would get there first thing at opening, and plan to be shoulder to shoulder for the next 17 hours or so.

Have a great trip!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM
From what I've been told, you are guaranteed to get into a park if you stay on Disney property, however it may not be the park you want...for instance if MK, Epcot and DHS are full you'll get AK.....

#1donaldfan
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
...we were there this past NYE in the MK and it did NOT reach capacity, but I am here to tell you that if it wasn't capacity I'd sure hate to know how it feels when it gets that way ..... I kid you not, we were shoulder to shoulder from noon to midnight !! We arrived at rope drop and the early hours were not too bad, but like I mentioned, from noon to midnight was CRAZY !! Disney sure knows how to move people and I was very impressed by how they manage so many of us crazy enough to be there, it's a slow move, but a move nonetheless.....the fireworks made it all worthwhile, the 360°display was grand to say the least.....

buzz638
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you all for your response :thumbsup:

Buzz

Bri
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
i know people that went this past year. they said MK was at capacity early, so they went to Epcot. then later in the day were able to go back to MK. i will be there also for NYE, it should be a blast! we are aiming for Epcot.

beksy
09-11-2009, 03:54 PM
How do you find out when a park closes due to capacity? Also, how do you know when it re-opens?