PDA

View Full Version : Giving away fastpasses

gerald72
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Has anyone else ever had trouble giving away fastpasses?
I was leaving AK and had 4 extra FP for EE. The first four groups of people I went up to either didn't want them or said they worked there.
Then there are the people who insist they can only be used during the time window, when we all know they are good for the rest of the day.
I found it easier to just keep my extra FP as souvenirs than try to give them away.

medic9016
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Then there are the people who insist they can only be used during the time window, when we all know they are good for the rest of the day.

:confused:

Is there a fast pass with no time limit printed on them now? The ones I have used had a time to be used by printed on them.

big blue and hairy
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Thy doav a window printed on them. Pretty much universally though, they are accepted anytime after the window, just not before.

PS...pun intended

:sulley:

SBETigg
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
We've never had problems giving away our fastpasses. I do prefer to stick by the time postings, even though I know you can usually exceed with no problem.

kakn7294
09-07-2009, 04:31 PM
We've tried to give them away too only to experience the same thing. Some people just simply can't believe that you'd want to be nice and give them FPs. We've often had to go more than one group to find someone who would take them.

A few years ago on the DDP (during free dining), we had 2 CS credits left and wanted to be nice and buy lunch for someone. We had a horrible time finding 2 people who would accept, even though we approached those who had cash or a credit card in hand! We finally found a young couple on their honeymoon who accepted. We just wanted to do something nice for someone else and those credits would have gone to waste as we were getting in the car and leaving that night.

UrbanDonovan
09-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The last time my family was at the Magic Kingdom, there was a 45-minute wait for Splash Mountain. As we were turning around to walk away, a family walked up and offered us Fastpasses. I know I had absolutely zero qualms about accepting them.

Seasonscraps
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Thy doav a window printed on them. Pretty much universally though, they are accepted anytime after the window, just not before.

PS...pun intended

:sulley:

I don't think everyone that goes to Disney knows this and probably don't want to risk the embarrassment of being turned away by using an expired FP. I never heard of expired FPs being accepted until I read it here.

princessesmom
09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
We have given away fast passes many times, but always within the time window. Sometimes it takes a couple of times before someone can use them, either they don't have time or the number of passes doesn't line up with the group. I don't blame people for not wanting the expired passes. If you're not aware of the policy, I wouldn't want to chance not being able to use them.

#1donaldfan
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
....same here !! We've tried on occasion to give away FP's and they look at 'em, then at us like we have our heads on backwards!! Obviously they don't read intercot or know much about the "process", a lot of people just don't know about the CM's acceptance of expired FP's....????? oh well, their loss, our gain I suppose....:cool:

Imagineer1981
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
True, most people look at your crazy. Its actually good that they don't know about the policy!

prttynpnk
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Last year our stay included an arcade pass and we had a real time trying to find someone to give it to- no one seemed to understand that we weren't trying to sell their kid a timeshare or something?!

clausjo
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I didn't know you could use fastpasses after your window has expired! We've acutally missed our times before and thrown them away! :( I won't tell my kids and when we go in February I'll be the smartest mom there is :D !!!

I've learned so much from you guys! :thumbsup:

phillydan
09-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I had an unbelievable time trying to give 2 FP's to a guy and his son at Mission Space. He swore to me that they no longer accept FP's at night. :confused: We were standing right at the entrance and the CM's just looked at him and reluctantly sent him into the stand-by line (20 min wait posted). The next group I approached snatched them up with gratitude.