PDA

View Full Version : On-line reservation tips?

hope23
09-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok... I've been getting nervous about making reservations... and especially attempting it on-line. So... do you have any tips for how to do it or things you've learned along the way? I've played around with the site a little, but I'm not super confident. Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Maryln8
09-07-2009, 02:51 AM
I have found that If you use the date range function the cpu sticks very close to your desired time and desired restaurant. It doesn't give you too many alternatives to select from if your first choice isn't available. Stick to one day at a time and you get more alternatives if your exact time and place aren't available. If you find your desired slot save it to the cart . As long as your session stays current you will be able to continue searching and book everthing at once.

Aggie97
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Be sure to enter your resort reservation number at the beginning, after you have selected your first restaurant but before selecting dates and times. The link reads, "Do you have a Resort reservation for the same days for which you're making dining reservations? If so, please retrieve your reservation."

As the previous poster indicated, your ADRs will save in your cart for a generous period of time if you are still actively using the system. However, you cannot access your cart whenever you like; it is accessible only as you make each ADR. So be sure to take notes along the way!

If your requested time slot is unavailable, the system does not always provide accurate alternate times for that restaurant. For example, on multiple occasions I found that if I requested 7:00, the system might indicate that nothing was available at that restaurant within an hour of 7:00. However, if I went back and requested 7:15, 7:20 might pop up as available. So definitely be persistent in trying every quarter hour time slot! :mickey:

MonoMan
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
If the online systems states that there is nothing available, I would book what you can online and then call right when they open. The online system told us there was nothing open at Sanna for dinner on a certain night, but when I called we were able to get the date and time we wanted. I'm not sure why, but I'm definitely glad I double checked.

BelleKP
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I too am nervous and looking for any tips (booking on Friday). I've played around with the system and the one thing I can't quite figure out (and maybe it will change when I am in my 'window') is that I have to enter in the numbers and ages of everyone with each reservation. Does this remain the same? Or will it 'save' the info after you pick your first ADR?
And is there a quick way to get to the 'next' restaurant? When I click on Continue shopping it takes me to a search page with a few 'popular' choices, but unless you spell the name of the restaurant perfectly, it doesn't find what you are looking for.:confused: I then have to go back and navigate through (dining-restaurants-epcot-???).
Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

sorcerer fan
09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
once you're in the system making reservations, it will remember you for the whole time.

diannamouse
09-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Begin by logging in on the WDW website. Then, when you select the first restaurant you want an ADR for, put in your vacation ressie number so it will allow you to search the 90+10. This will also link all of your ADRs to your vacation ressie. If you log in before you begin making the ADRs, you will even get an email confirmation of all of the ADRs you make! I make my ADRs this way and had no trouble! Good luck!

SignguyTom
09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Log in first, have your ressie number handy and try at about 7 min before 6am eastern time. I just made ADRs on Sunday and the day switched at about 7 min before the hour...

Also, book in order of popularity (LeCellier, 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, etc.) as opposed to dates. If you are staying at a Disney resort, then you can book up to 10 days past your 90 day arrival date. Plan the more popular eateries toward the end of your trip to get the biggest advantage in the +10 booking window...:thumbsup:

BTW 500th post! :party:

avantgardeinker
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I got on at 5:30 eastern time this morning and it had already switched to the current day.

LuvsTigger80
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi there!!
When i did my reservations on the 4th..the way i did it was:

....i went to the page that listed all the resturants and opened every resturant that we were eating at in their own tab. (i had 16 different reservations--2 of the resturants we were eating at once for breakfast and dinner, so i just opened that resturant twice.and i didn't have to search for the resturants since they were already listed by park/resort)
....the first resturant that i had opened, i logged in and put in my reservation #.(it kept it for all 16 resturants so i didn't have to keep putting it in.)
....i then proceded to make my reservations until i got to the cart max(which is 10. even though i had each resturant opened in their own tabs in still collected them in 1 cart).
....while i sent the one cart through to get confirmations, i continued on to the other to the other tabs i had(they started a new cart once i sent the other ones through). I finished and sent the second cart off for confirmations.
....i then recieved 2 emails. one for each cart.

Hope this helps some. i found it to be the easiest way to get it done. and i got all my ressie's without having to budge more then 30 mins.:mickey:

BelleKP
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi there!!
When i did my reservations on the 4th..the way i did it was:

....i went to the page that listed all the resturants and opened every resturant that we were eating at in their own tab.
...Hope this helps some. i found it to be the easiest way to get it done. and i got all my ressie's without having to budge more then 30 mins.:mickey:

Thank you Sam, this is exactly what I was hoping to do, but didn't want it to mess up my chances of getting what we want! Tomorrow is my 90 day, and we are pretty limited in our flexibility so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we get all we want.
Wish me luck and a little pixie dust!

LuvsTigger80
09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
lots of :pixie: for you....hope you get all the ressie's you want. i was even able to call at about 6am west coast time to get breakfast at the castle. :mickey: :mickey::thumbsup: