PDA

View Full Version : So I have a reservation for 7 people but...

tss22
09-06-2009, 09:45 PM
for crystal palace I have a reservation for 5 adults, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old.

it's possible that 2 of the adults may not be able to come or that they may need to bring a 3 year old with them (making 8). Are either of these going to cause me a major problem with my reservation?

BelleKP
09-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I would guess that they will seat you at a table for 8. So maybe, just to be on the safe side, call Disney and ask them to change it from 7-8. Better to be safe than sorry.
:thumbsup:

Cinderella's mom
09-06-2009, 10:08 PM
try to get one added to the ressie just in case. Then, as long as you know 48 hours before you dine that they are not coming, you can cancel it without any penalty. I am not sure about bringing one more the day of due to fire codes. I know I have called and asked before and was told that they couldn't accommodate them due to fire codes and occupancy. Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
It is usually more of a problem to show up with additional diners than with less.

If you really think that there is a chance you'll need to seat 8, I would call and change the ADR.

If you only showed up with 6, I doubt that there would be an issue, we've had one part of our group get sick the morning of an ADR, and we didn't have any trouble at all.

gerald72
09-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I have heard (don't know for sure how true) that it isn't much of a problem going +/= one. But when you are adding/subtracting 2 or more, that you run into problems.
I've heard that if you have, say, 4, and decide only 2 are going, that you have to cancel the original reservation and make a new one, and hope that same time is available.
Why don't you keep your reservation, and make an additional reservation for 2 (or 3) at the same time. You would be covered, but might not sit together.

gerald72
09-06-2009, 10:59 PM
That was supposed to say +/- 1, not +/= 1.
My eyes are going bad.

magicofdisney
09-07-2009, 12:00 AM
From several past experiences (due to no fault of my own), it's no big deal to show up with less people.

Showing up with more people, however, could create a delimma because there just may not be enough seating. In spite of that, a 7 or 8 person party will most likely require the same size table/seating arrangement.

Just to be safe, I'd book for 8.

J9
09-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm in this same boat. We made reservations for 5 at Chef Mickey's for brunch. Then 2 people pulled out of the trip. I tried to get ADRs for 3, but it's all sold out. I'm hoping that we can show up for the 5 person ADR with just 3 and it will be ok. It's not our fault people dropped out!

thrillme
09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I'd venture to say make the reservation for 8. If they cancel out at the last minute...just show up a little ahead of time and tell the hostess. They'll work it out.

If you should have an extra chair or two that's going to be nice to have a little extra room.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
We've had both situations happen and it wasn't a problem either time. You should be fine leaving it as is especially if the 8th person is a small child.

brownie
09-08-2009, 07:02 AM
I would just tell them about any changes when you check in at the restaurant. You might have to wait a bit longer, but I'm guessing you're going to be seated in an area that would accommodate 8 people anyways.

If you want to add an extra person on the dining reservation, my experience has been that they have to cancel your existing reservation and create a new one. I think you're probably better off not messing with the reservation.

Ian
09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Honestly, I've never, ever had a problem making changes to our ADR's at check-in. I've gone up and down in terms of number of people and they've never batted an eye about it.

I suspect that the ADR reps get ressies wrong often enough that it's not something they feel comfortable challenging guests on.

buzznwoodysmom
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
We've showed up with 2 people not present for a party of 14 and the hostess didn't even bat an eye. This was for dinner on Thanksgiving night and the place was packed. It may have been harder to add 2 people, but it really was no big deal to have 2 less.

Polynesian Dweller
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
It won't be a problem IF the restaurant is below its rated capacity. If your party would put it over that capacity the restaurant has no other legal choice than to make you wait or, depending on the evenings ADRs turn you away. Yes that is due to fire codes etc.

You would most likely experience a wait so either try to change the ADR or be prepared for a wait and hope for the best.