PDA

View Full Version : Horror of horrors...boyfriend is backing out of our Dec. trip

DisneyRN
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
We have our money ready to pay, just made our ADR's at 6:00am this morning after 2 months of planning, and now my boyfriend has sprung it on me that he doesn't think he wants to take that much time off of work.

Long story short, I have no one to go on an all inclusive, WDW trip. We have Deluxe dining, a room at WL, and I am all alone.

TRAVESTY!!!!!

Stupid boyfriend who loves to fly! :mad:

SBETigg
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh wow, I was just reading about your ADRs. I think it might be time for a new boyfriend! No, seriously, any chance he will reconsider. He really has no idea what he's giving up, does he? What a shame. I'm sorry. I hope you can salvage your trip!

MNNHFLTX
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Is it an all or nothing deal? Would he be willing to go for 5 days instead of 7 (over a weekend to minimize time off of work)? Then there would only be a couple of days alone, which might actually be enjoyable.

Was he very keen on going in the first place or do you think he was maybe looking for an out? Whatever the case, I feel for you. Hope you are able to resolve this and go on with your vacation.

Iluvpooh
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear that, but I am located just down the road. You could always take me.:thumbsup:

I hope it works out.

beksy
09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! I know how disappointed you must be (I've been there!). Hopefully something will work out. If not, I would be willing to go along! ;)

gerald72
09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
hmmm...need a replacement?

DisneyRN
09-06-2009, 11:17 PM
To clarify...

I am still going, either way, with DD. But, spending the entire week with only a 7 year old to talk to when we have been to WDW that many times is much more fun with another adult to talk to. It is also my first trip without my exhusband, so it will be difficult. Having my wonderful boyfriend would've eased the pain.

Either way we will have fun. It just won't be the same. :(

thrillme
09-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Forget the boyfriend and take MEEEEE.

MNNHFLTX
09-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Well, good to know that you are not going to be totally alone then. :mickey:

stitchaholic
09-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I have gone alone with my 2 children 2 years in a row and we have had a blast,the only way it would have been better is if i only had 1 of my kids at a time to avoid the sibling rivalry.
go have a great time with your daughter,I am sure she will appreciate having mommy all to herself. celebrate your inner child! if your boyfriend is that stressed about taking time off of work,he may have put a damper on your trip anyway.
you are sooo lucky,i wish i had a trip planned this year,like the others,i will volunteer to replace him....;)

Marilyn Michetti
09-07-2009, 09:21 AM
GO FOR IT !

If he doesn't want to go after all the money has been collected, and reservations made, what else will he let you down on?:mad:

DisneyRN
09-07-2009, 11:21 AM
GO FOR IT !

If he doesn't want to go after all the money has been collected, and reservations made, what else will he let you down on?:mad:

Been kind of wondering this myself... :confused:

azdisneymom
09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I have gone on 2 trips with my daughter - best trips ever. Go and enjoy yourself.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I agree with an above poster, anyone who backs out of a trip to WDW isnt boyfriend material. You need a new one. And matter of fact, go to WDW by yourself and you could find a NEW BF who shares your Disney passion.
:thedolls:

Madame Leona
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
If he doesn't want to go, I would just say ok. You don't want to ruin your dds trip if he is talked into going. I think you will be surprised how much fun you have with just her.

garymacd
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd go with you; but I think my beloved wife might have something to say about that.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
In this economy, you can't blame him for worrying about taking time off. He might be afraid that they'll find out that they can live without him.

My first thought was to find a new boyfriend, but once I thought about it, it's kind of understandable. Try to talk him into going for just a few days. Maybe he doesn't understand how difficult it will be for you? Good luck and have fun either way.

DVC2004
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Just go anyway and have fun with your daughter. True, it's nice to have an adult companion but the two of you will still have a good time. Maybe he can come for part of the time, then go home before the two of you return if he is worried about time off? Maybe try that and see what he says.

I took my boys last Dec. for a quick long weekend. My husband didn't want to go and also had not time left to take from work. We still had a good time.

pink
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. I had to cancel a vacation with my DBF a few months ago, we were supposed to go to San Diego in September but like what happened with you, he couldn't get that much time off of work so I feel you. Is there anyway you could make your trip a little shorter like somemone else said. Or he could join you a few days of the trip and then you could do a few days by yourself, I've heard Disney alone is always fun. I hope everything works out for you. :mickey:

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Have you ever heard of the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens?" Seriously, even though you may be disappointed that BF has decided he doesn't want to go due to scheduling, this is an incredible opportunity for you and DD to have the time of your lives together - and she's of an age where she'll never forget the trip that the two of you took alone. Our kids grow up so quickly - this chance may never come again. Take it!

:mickey: Go, enjoy, have the time of your lives . . . the trip could swing the other way entirely if BF feels backed into a corner and feels he has to go.

BMan62
09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
GO FOR IT !

Gotta agree with this one. If he is going to waffle like this on a great trip, what will he do with other decisions. I understand his trepidation about the job situation, but he would have had to have cleared his vacation time long before this.

Something is not right with this picture. IMHO

Go with your DD and enjoy everything you can!

DeniseMB
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Your boyfriend may be concerned about his job in this economy and with all the layoffs. He may just be acting responsibly. Go with your dd and make memories. It seems like yesterday my dd was 3 yrs old & her first visit to wdw. She is now married & planning a family of her own. The time goes so quickly. :mickey:

DisneyRN
09-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd go with you; but I think my beloved wife might have something to say about that.

Thanks for the good laugh...BF laughed too!

I have to agree that your wife wouldn't like it, and I don't blame her! Hmph! I'm not that kind of girl! :blush: