PDA

View Full Version : Anybody there now?

lawgirl
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi all! We are leaving on the 10th. Anyone there now? How is the weather and crowds?

Thanks so much!

Rhetoric2000
09-06-2009, 05:45 PM
It's pretty quiet in general - not been over the Labor Day weekend, which is obviously a bit more crowded - Downtown was very busy last night.

Weather has been nearly July-August hot most of the time with Florida showers.

All in all you're going to be out at pretty much the perfect time.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Have a great trip!! Counting down the days until December 17th!!:thumbsup:

Ian
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I literally just got back last night after a 9 day stay and it was D-E-A-D DEAD! I haven't seen the parks this empty since post-9/11. Excepting Labor Day weekend (which was busy, but certainly not packed) we waited in line for virtually nothing.

In fact, we were at Epcot one morning around 10:00 AM and the line for Soarin' was FIVE MINUTES!! CM's were actually begging people to come back and ride again.

TSM still had long lines, but even those were much shorter than what I've seen in the past.

Weather was ... eh ... early in the week we had really soaking rains. And the showers lasted for hours, too. Not the typical Florida afternoon thunderstorm that lasts for an hour and then moves on. One night it started raining at like 6PM and didn't stop for the rest of the night.

But later in the week the rain pretty much moved out and it was just HOT and HUMID!

Imagineer1981
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I literally just got back last night after a 9 day stay and it was D-E-A-D DEAD! I haven't seen the parks this empty since post-9/11. Excepting Labor Day weekend (which was busy, but certainly not packed) we waited in line for virtually nothing.

In fact, we were at Epcot one morning around 10:00 AM and the line for Soarin' was FIVE MINUTES!! CM's were actually begging people to come back and ride again.

TSM still had long lines, but even those were much shorter than what I've seen in the past.

Weather was ... eh ... early in the week we had really soaking rains. And the showers lasted for hours, too. Not the typical Florida afternoon thunderstorm that lasts for an hour and then moves on. One night it started raining at like 6PM and didn't stop for the rest of the night.

But later in the week the rain pretty much moved out and it was just HOT and HUMID!

Hey, I just got back too...will posting my trip report ASAP!!

grumpyguy
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
a co-worker just returned from the world over the labor day weekend.i've been quizzing her all morning...how's this,how's that,did you do this or that you know..all the normal questions.
she said she walked on splash,hm and btm.
fast passes for tsm went fast and soarin was a long wait but nothin real bad.
fantasmic was the normal mob but the weather was awesome (we live in upstate ny ok,so any sun at all is what we consider "awesome").
i looked at her photopass pics this am on her computer and the crowds for labor day looked quite managable.
don't stress about it.have a magical time:thumbsup:

wire0monkey
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
We came back yesterday after a 10 day stay.

The weather was not great, but not unmanageable. It rained most days, but not for long and not until late afternoon or at night. It was very humid and in the low 90's. We had one morning where it rained in buckets, but that was the only wash-out.

It was very uncrowded up until the Labor Day weekend, and then the crowds were moderate. We walked on most e-ticket rides in most places.

The Studios: Toy Story Mania was swamped all of the time -- there was a 10 minute line to get FPs for it. Jedi Training Academy was always crowded. Nothing else at the Studios was too crowded, except for the nights that Fantasmic was showing and then it was a mess.

Magic Kingdom: During the mid-week, we walked on to Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion, and rode them as many times as we liked with no waiting.

Epcot: Soarin' had a 20 minute stand-by wait during the week and a 45 stand-by minute wait during the weekend. FP returns were about an hour away. Test Track had a 20 minute wait during the evenings, and FP returns were about an hour away. Mission Space had a 5 minute wait most of the time. We had about a 20 minute return window for Kim Possible. Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, and the Seas were walk-ons.

Animal Kingdom: We walked on to Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Triceratops Spin. The CMs weren't even unloading Triceratops Spin for most rides. They just let the kids ride again and again. The wait for Everest was around 15 minutes in the morning, and FP returns were about an hour away. We waited 10 minutes for the stand-by line on Kali River Rapids. We easily got seating for the Nemo show about 10 minutes before it started.

Lines at the water parks were a little longer, but still very short and manageable.

Downtown Disney was very crowded on Friday and Saturday night, and it was still crowded during the day on Labor Day.

Disney Quest wasn't that crowded, even on Saturday night. We waited less than 5 minutes for our favorite games.

It should be less crowded this week than last.

Imagineer1981
09-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Crowds: DEAD!!! DEAD!!!. The parks were empty for the most part. 25 minutes for Peter Pan, 10 for Dumbo and Speedway, need I say more? It was great, we always plan to go in value season because of the light crowds. Most rides were walk on. TSM and other E-tickets still had decent waits but not bad. TSM is the only ride that ran out of FP.

FP: For the most part FP was available until the end of the day, sometimes only an hour ahead of the current time. Many attractions had FP shut down, such as Philharmagic which was walk on all day. Animal Kingdom was doing the central FP system and I must say it was wonderful. Easy to get to and no hiking across the park.

Magic Kingdom: Magic Kingdom looked great. Many of the halloween/fall decorations were out, which I found odd since they don't usually have that much out until the party starts, but it was out almost the entire trip. A CM friend of mine told us they don't want to pay overtime to put up decorations at night so they are just putting them up early, kinda disappointing. On our first day the crane was clearly visible behind the castle for putting up the xmas lights, but was gone a few days later. Also there is a lot of refurbishment to buildings in Fantasyland and Liberty Square. They are putting up giant photos of the buildings over the buildings to hide the refurb. Kinda neat, but you can tell its fake. Overall though, lines were very short to walk on. The longest wait we had was 45 minutes for the Fairies, but we saw Mickey in 10 minutes.

Epcot: SE was ok, like some changes but not Judy as the narrator, and why is the paper boy backwards? The ending is kinda lame and the Earth looked like a meteor instead of the planet. Again, short lines except for Test Track, MS, and Soarin' but plenty of FP were available.

DHS: TSM sold out quickly of FP. We arrived at 10:30 and the FP was for 5pm already and another day we got there at 11 and FP was for 9:30. It had a 70-90 minute wait while ToT and RnR were 25 or so tops. High School Musical show was cute but happened way to often and we did not get to see Luxo.

AK: Same as above regarding lines and crowds, short and dead. FP for Tough to be a Bug was converted into the central FP location, 2 for Safari, 2 for EE, 1 for Dinosaur, and 1 for Kali.

SignguyTom
09-09-2009, 12:26 AM
No, not there now... :D

ANG
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Great to hear, guys! We're going next Tuesday :mickey: