PDA

View Full Version : 180 days out

twinboyz
09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
We returned from WDW just a few weeks ago, but before we left we booked our trip for next year.

Does anyone think that Disney will release park hours 6 mo's out? I don't want to make ressies on EMH days in the parks. Thanks!

SBETigg
09-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Exactly why I loved the 90 days and wasn't a fan of the 180. I hate having to guess at my schedule and then readjust as the date gets closer and things get changed around.

When it was 180 days previously, they did release the schedules earlier, fortunately (or so it seemed?) but things got changed around so much as it got closer to the actual date that we did have to hope our ADRs worked out to our schedule advantage in some cases. With 90 days, you're closer to the travel time and the parks schedule is more set-- though there are sometimes changes in the last month anyway.

twinboyz
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
It was really tough to get the ressies we wanted at the places/times we wanted. I was hoping the 180 would give us a better chance at the places we missed on the last trip.

MinnieMommie
09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
There are definitely challenges to both the 180 or 90 day schedule. I think the best bet to getting the ressies we want is to book online at 6am on the 1st day that meets the window within the given time frame. I have a 90 day window coming up soon and like all am hoping I get what I request. The one thing I do like is that I will have the park hours available. Even though I understand there can be last minute changes at the 90 day mark I have the sense that the park schedule is more secure than at 180 days. :mickey:

hardingella
09-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't want to make ressies on EMH days in the parks. Thanks!

Is this because that park is so much busier?

Strmchsr
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Is this because that park is so much busier?

Exactly.

Well, don't count on it. WDW is struggling with getting hours out 90 days out and even then they are often changing based on crowds as the time grows closer. Your best bet is to look at the historic hours and go with that, but there's no guarantee.