PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Wishes Dessert Party

beksy
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I am debating on trying this on our next trip. I haven't heard a lot about it and was wondering if any of you had tried it and what your opinions are? I didn't think it would still be going on so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it earlier. :blush: Also, are the ressies for it at the 90-day mark? Thanks! :mickey:

Figment!
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
The recent extension was only announced as through October 31, 2009; so reservations are available now through those dates.

Most reviews have been positive, here are a few:

Florida Dreamer (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1928694&postcount=16)

IamBelle (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1952479&postcount=6)

Live4WDW (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1948466&postcount=26)

Pally
09-09-2009, 03:10 PM
:mickey:We went on August 27. We arrived at the Noodle Station about 8:30pm. The line up was to the right as the bridge is still used as a passage. The line was quit long. There was a reservation person making her way down the line taking your name and putting arm bracelets on. This process took quite some time. They began letting people in quite a bit before we were even registered. Please note that your table is reserved with your family name on it. These cards are taped down so people cannot start moving them around. They also had Mickey head confetti on the table. As we were towards the end of the line by the time we got up to the buffet many plates were completely depleted of most items. We had to wait until they were replenished. By the time this occurred the first timers were back up again going for seconds. I do have to say some people were ridiculous in the amonts they were putting on their plates. Just :pig::pig::pig: piggy. It was rather distasteful to me. There was one woman who reached across the buffet and under a platter of food to reach donut holes and began stabbing with her own fork several donuts without stopping. They did have tongs. I had to grab at my son's hand who was right there but did not see right away the sneak attack on the donut holes. This became a joke from then on as she was known as the "Stabber". Annoying but funny to see someone go at it so vigorously for donut holes.

On a lighter note-We had a front table by the railing directly below where Tinkerbell bell lands at the station. It was a perfect table for viewing. The evening was nice. The desserts were good. One of my sons does not eat many sweets and prefered the fruit. I did ask one of the attendents if they could bring him a few raspberries which they accommodated. My son was very happy with this.

It did begin to rain lightly just before the fireworks so it was nice to be under a covered area. Disappointed they did not fly Tinkerbell. Oh well.

We did notice a lot of waste because people just took to much. Eyes definitely bigger than their bellys. Completely unnecessary as there was plenty. Manners for many were right out the door. Some what of a "Mad Buffet"

All in all, we did like the Fireworks Buffet. The little tiramisu were my favourite along with the chocolate dipped strawberries. I also generally prefer fruit over sweets.

brian2000boston
09-09-2009, 03:31 PM
sounds good, thanks for the great write up