PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic dinner special

seavote
09-05-2009, 11:28 PM
sorry if this has been answered a dozen times already. i searched but found nothing. i was wondering how and if the fantasmic dinner deal works if one has the disney meal plan? thanks

Disney4us2
09-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I paid for it separately. I had the DDP, but at the time I did it (July 2005) it was not on the DDP. The meal was great:).... got to Fantasmic and then the thunder/lightning/rain started. Show was cancelled:(

JenniferS.
09-06-2009, 07:38 AM
If you eat at Brown Derby it will take 2 dinner credits. If you eat at Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose, it will take only 1 dinner. We have done this on all of our trips. I recommend Mama Melrose. It is yummy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2009, 08:50 AM
It is just like any other meal, they will take 1 credit for H&V or MM or 2 credits for Brown Derby.

You have to give (I believe) your credit card as a guarantee, and if you don't cancel (again, I believe it is 48 hours in advance) you are charged a fee.

IamBelle
09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
We did the fantasmic package on our trip this year and it was worth it. It is on the dining plan, but they will charge your credit card if you don't show up or are late to dinner. We ate ate Hollywood and Vine, (which was okay, I think Mama Melrose would be better) Then, about 30 mins before the show, we entered a fantasmic package only entrance to a roped off area on the right, or witch, section. You could go get food or use the bathroom, but you need your fantasmic package paper they hand you at the restaurant to get back to your seats. The view was great from where we sat, and, I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but those seats seemed less squished, maybe because not as many get the fantasmic package, idk. Overall, the package is worth it.