PDA

View Full Version : Making the same ole. not so old.

ransam
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
i was emailing a disney pen pal the other day and she said that she had ridden the Jungle cruise at night on her most recent trip, and that it made an old ride, something new...
i started thinking and i don't think in all the times i've been to Disney, i have ridden the Jungle ride at night, so i plan to do that this december. but it got me thinking, are there any other things you have done, that you've done many times, but did them differently and gave the ride a new feeling?

AdventurerKim
09-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Definitely do the Jungle Cruise at night if you've never done it before! We hadn't until our last trip in June, and it was awesome to see it at night! It was more ominous and seemed more jungle-like. Total fun! :mickey:

green ranger
09-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Thunder Mountain is a different experience at night compared to the day. Actually, my sister is reading a book about Disney parks and it says to ride big thunder mountain railroad at night and you'll see a party in progress in the 2nd floor window of the saloon. I have to look for this on my next trip.

SurferStitch
09-06-2009, 01:02 AM
We also found the Jungle Cruise to be completely different (and more fun) at night.

We also found ToT to be so much more fun at night. We had always done it during the day, then tried it at night once (we were usually out of DHS before dark at the time), and the first time at night had us hooked. Awesome! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
09-06-2009, 02:11 AM
I agree BTMRR is best at night, and we only ride jungle cruise at night. We also only ride HM at night.
Sometimes where you sit on the ride gives it a different feel. The rollercoasters have that whip effect in the back etc.
We like Splash Mtn during the fireworks or parade which give us a fantastic view and it usually isn't crowded and we walk right on.
And finally, its not a ride, but wishes takes on a whole new life when viewed from the beach at the Poly directly lined up with the castle and listening to the music piped into the resort!:thumbsup:

Mousemates
09-06-2009, 02:21 PM
the jungle cruise is best at night...since that's the only time you get to experience "the jumping elephants." :laughing:

darthmacho
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Not only is Thunder Mountain different from day to night, but it is also a different experience when sitting in the front/middle/back. I prefer the back.

I recall riding Pirates of the Caribbean right before park closing. Not only did the ride seem darker, but since no one was in our boat, or the boat in front or in back of us, so it seemed a LOT more creepy than usual. It also seemed to be going a lot slower, perhaps because they weren't rushing to load so many people. :mickey:

Bobby T
09-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Swiss Family Treehouse at night...althought it makes finding those HM's more difficult, the serenity of being up in the branches with the Swisskapolka music in the background...great experience.

Mad About Mickey
09-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Swiss Family Treehouse at night...althought it makes finding those HM's more difficult, the serenity of being up in the branches with the Swisskapolka music in the background...great experience.

:ditto: My all time favorite thing to do at night, dating back to the 70"s, is walking through the Treehouse. Magic Kingdom becomes a whole new park after dark. Walking through Liberty Square with the laterns glowing in the Sons of Liberty tree as you head to a much creepier Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Astro Orbiters, are all so much more exciting at night. Favorite last ride of the night Cinderella's Golden Carousel, it is beautiful at night.

Animal Kingdom gets an honorable mention. It is a pretty park at night during EMH and we enjoy heading through the trees roots after dark on our way to It's Tough To Be a Bug.

rachel_future_candy_maker
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
jungle cruise is best @ night-the tunnel with the tigers is all the more creepier!
the haunted mansion @ night is a lot more fun and scary too-it makes it feel like its a real haunted house! the maelstom in epcot is better at night since no one is riding it and the crowds die down...you can't really see the end of the tunnel at night either which is pretty cool!

:ccat::hmghost::elephant:

IloveDisney71
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I love to ride EE at night. It's almost like a totally different ride. The AK takes on a totally different feel at night. I also like to ride Dumbo and Cinderella's Carousel at night. Fantasyland is prettier at night.
Oh, the people mover(Tomorrowland Transit Authority) gives you a great view of Tomorrowland at night and you can see the castle all light up.
I finally stood under the "line" on the bridge between Tomorrowland and the front of the castle so Tinkerbell would fly right over my head during Wishes. I got goosebumps and teary-eyed. It was really a new experience for me. :D

coneygoil
09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Thunder Mountain is awesome at night. One time me and my mom rode it while Wishes was going on and you could see all the fireworks going off and felt closer to them. That was definitely a magical ride!

I always do the Magic Carpet ride at night. It feels more like the movie when Aladdin and Jasmine go for their carpet ride.

barbiegirl314
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I enjoy riding the TTA at night. It's a good way to relax at the end of the day and the castle looks so pretty lit up.

I also enjoy riding the tomorrow land speed way at night too. It's not a must do ride for our family but somehow at night it becomes much more special.