PDA

View Full Version : Halloween decorations at resorts

Suz36
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I saw pictures of a pumpkin decorating contest at what appeared to be the Contemporary - can anyone confirm this? Do other resorts have Halloween decorations? When are they usually up by - early, mid, late October? Thanks!

Aggie97
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
We did see the pumpkin contest and children trick-or-treating at the WL on Halloween last year, as well as trick-or-treating at DTD that evening. I imagine the other resorts would have similar activities, but I can't confirm. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
09-05-2009, 09:42 PM
We have gone almost entirely in mid to late October for the last 19 years and can say that WDW does not treat Halloween at all like Christmas. There are some decorations that could be called fall harvest time more than Halloween IMHO mostly at MK though some here and there in the other parks. Very little at the resorts but again a general fall theme can be seen in many of them. The real spooky Halloween decorations seem to be reserved for MK during MNSSHP.

However, the resorts do have trick or treating for Oct. 31. But nothing even approaches Christmas season in our experience. What decorations there are could be up even now and, if not, likely will be within a couple of weeks if its the same as other years.

Disney Doll
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
We went the 3rd week of October last year and I didn't notice anything special at any resorts. We dined at quite a few so we would have surely noticed something if it was there. I have heard about special activities on Halloween itself, but nothing too exciting. Really the only decor we noticed was at MK (especially during party time).