PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn

mousecraz
09-05-2009, 03:12 AM
Since the Tropicana is located just across the street from the main entrance has anyone stayed there and what was or what is your opinion of the accommodations? We have stayed at Howard Johnson B/4 & it was good but in late Nov I would rather not have to walk so far at 1 or 2am in the morning, we tend to stay in the DT Disney area until the lights are turned out.

NotaGeek
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I haven't seen many folk post about the Tropicana, but you can check them out on tripadvisor.com -- a good alternative would be either the Best Western Park Place Inn or the Ramada Maingate. I have stayed at both and they are awesome for the price.

Patricia
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I have heard nothing about Tropicana either.. I agree you should check for reviews on tripadvisor.

We have stayed, across the street from the main entrance, at Fairfield Inn and found it to be comfortable, clean and priced right. The beds were comfy and even though my door was right by the Hotel entrance, I found it to be very quite.

Speedy1998
09-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Just an FYI, if you are using Google Map to determine the location of the Hotels, it has the hotels labeled wrong. If you go to the street view, you can see what google has labeled as the Tropicana is actual the Park Vue Inn. From what I could see in the street view, the Tropicana is actually up the street about 1/4 mile from where it is labeled.

tinkwest
09-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I stayed there about a year ago and I thought it was a perfectly acceptable hotel. Very basic, but clean and close to the parks. Two queens, a small table with two chairs, tv, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, dressers, clothes rack, dressing area with sink, mirror, blow dryer, & plenty of counter space, and bathroom with shower/tub combo. The buildings form a horseshoe type shape with parking and the pool in the middle. The rooms seemed to be fairly soundproof as I don't remember being bothered by any outside noises. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Free continental type breakfast was nothing special and the room in which it was offered was rather small and crowded, but I really didn't expect more. I would stay there again for the right price.

The Tropicana is between the Carousel Inn and the Park Place Inn, just steps away from the pedestrian crosswalk to the Resort.

Disney4us2
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I have stayed there before (a long time ago). It was a nice basic room. Clean. I actually prefer the Park Vue Inn, It is across the street, right next to IHOP. I have stayed there several times.:mickey:

mousecraz
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Speedy1998, Thanks for the info as I was using Google Street View but really was looking for the Camelot Inn but a big semi is blocking the view. Is the one with the patio/deck on the front looking at the park the Camelot Inn or the Tropicana? I thought the location was off as the Camelot is closer to the crosswalk than the Tropicana, if I remember correctly when you cross you go to your left and the Camelot is just B/4 the Tropicana. Isn't the Tropicana closer to MacDonalds?
Thanks for all the input from everyone, we will be there just prior to Thanksgiving. If the Ap rate changes we will probably stay at the Disney Hotel.

mousecraz
09-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Just Looked at Google street view again & I see the Camelot is next to MacD's not the Tropicana. Unfornately that big semi still hasn't moved yet, is he out of gas?

FRANKTASMIC
09-06-2009, 04:09 AM
I've stayed there twice and the rooms are fine. The pool was good for the kids and the walk from DL is very short. The breakfast was nice, nothing great but it does save time and money. Nice place to stay...:thumbsup:

SignguyTom
09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
The Tropicana is nice. The grounds are very nice for what it is. The rooms are decent and clean.

For the money, I much prefer the Carousel. Microwaves and fridges in the rooms, plus a MUCH better complimentary breakfast. The breakfast room is on the 3rd floor has a round glass wall from which you can see the DL fireworks at night if you time it right. It's just a few steps farther from the gate than the Trop.

Magic Smiles
09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Just Looked at Google street view again & I see the Camelot is next to MacD's not the Tropicana. Unfornately that big semi still hasn't moved yet, is he out of gas?

The Google Maps are not updated very often. The last time that I checked our house with Google Maps, the photo was at least 4 years old.