PDA

View Full Version : Our "Nightastic" Vacation (Day 4)

maizey05
09-05-2009, 02:57 AM
We decided to take the day at a more leasurely pace, and headed over to DL. The DL band was playing at the entrance, which made DS feel like dancing (which he ended up doing his fair share of, during this trip). Of all my trips to DL, I had never rode any of the Mainstreet Vehicles. We hopped on a horse-drawn streetcar. DS loved having the horse "drive" us. He even got to pet "Logan", after the ride. While doing so, another child came up and slapped the horse pretty hard, on it's side. (Someone didn't deserve to be in DL that day.) Onward to Toontown we went. Did everything there, but GGC. Posed for photos with Mickey (in his house), and Goofy. Last year, Toontown was a hotspot for character photos, but not so much this year. DM and I took DS on IASW again. We all hopped aboard the DL railroad, for a "Grand Circle Tour". (DS still talks about the dinosaurs we saw.) We strolled back to PPH, for an afternoon at the pool. DH sent DS down the water slide (by himself)...he's only 2! He was a little shaken, but not as bad as I would've thought. Not again though. As DM stayed for a nap with DS, DH and I ran over to DL again. I had always wanted ride the Lilly Belle, and with a tip from the piano player at Innoventions, we went to city hall to inquire about it. After a longish wait in line, we were handed our coveted tickets to ride the Lilly Belle. I felt super cool, as we were lead throught a seperate entrance, while other still waited in line. (All the while, DH, knows nothing about what we're doing, or why I'm excited.) We were lead to the car, where I asked if I could snap some photos. A CM was in the car, for the entirity of the ride. He asked if we had questions, and ended up being really informative and fun. We talked about Disney myths/legends/odd facts. I could've spent all day talking to him and riding the Lilly Belle. (Well, maybe I would need to get off for a minute, to grab a quick mint julep.) We rode Indy, POTC and HM. After DS was awake, we were off to GK, for dinner. (By the way, is the set up of the dining are slightly different now? Did they add on to it?) We had a 6:00 reservation, and were surprised at how un-crazy it seemed for a Saturday night. Nice! DS didn't want to eat his food, since he was too busy looking for characters. He showed Goofy how well he could do "the hotdog dance". (Glad we got that on film!) There was a wonderful array of food for big kids and little kids. (My faves were the salmon with asian glaze, potsticker, dessert...ok, everything was great!) We strolled the lovely grounds of the DL hotel, and later turned in for the night.

pdrlkr
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Magic Smiles
09-09-2009, 06:32 AM
I didn't know what the Lilly Belle was :blush: so just looked it up. What a great honour that would have been. If we ever go back to DL, I will have to try and remember to inquiry about this special 'tour'.
Thanks for your trips reports.