PDA

View Full Version : Can I add additional day to an old park hopper that's still valid?

disnewbie
09-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, so feel free to redirect me to a page or thread. :mickey:

... I have a single day admission left on a park hopper from 2004 (before they started expiring after the first 14 days of use). Do you know if I can add a day (or more) to that ticket?

bicker
09-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Generally, when they do allow you to add days (and I'm not sure, your pass might be too old for that), you end up paying the difference in price between what you already paid and how much the larger pass would cost today. So effectively, you lose the advantage you might have related to having purchased whatever days that are left on that pass five years ago (at five years ago prices). Also, you cannot add days to a pass that is already used up, or to one that already has had a total of ten days on it. So generally (and I'm sure someone will provide the missing details), most folks are better off using their old passes as they are, and buying new passed for additional days, if necessary.

I remember when we last faced this, we actually determined it was better to put a pass with four days left on it on the shelf for a later year, and bought a new six day pass for that trip.

BMan62
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Since it is a pass from so long ago, the probability would be that the value of the one remaining day on your old pass would be deducted from the price of a new multi-day MYW pass. You did not state the number of days originally on your 2004 pass, but I don't think they would allow additions to that ticket anyway.

CleveRocks
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
NO TICKET can be added to upgraded if more than 14 days have passed since the ticket was first used. This is true even if the ticket has the No Expiration feature. So a ticket first used 5 months ago couldn't get a day added to it, let alone a ticket first used 5 years ago.

[In response to something else mentioned above ... A ticket that has all of entitlements used up but is still fewer than 14 days from first use absolutely CAN be upgraded/added to ... bit it is absolutely correct that a ticket can never hold more than 10 total days, ever]

I just wish I had better news for you. :mickey:

The above are the facts. Now here's my ADVICE:

if you will be needing MORE THAN 3 park days for this trip, then don't use the old ticket with 1 day remaining. Hold onto it, just in case at any time in your lifetime you might find yourself needing between 1 and 3 days of WDW admissions.

The reason I advise this is due to the pricing structure of Magic Your Way tickets. You pay a high, premium price for each of the first 3 days of a multi-day ticket. But the 4th day costs only $6 and the 5th through 10th days cost only $3 each. In other words, if you need 4 park days and you buy a 3-day ticket and use your leftover as the 4th day, you could save that old ticket and buy that 4th day for only six bucks ... I wouldn't advise giving that ticket away for only $6. AGain, it could have MUCH moire value in the future if you ever need a shorter amount of time in the parks.