PDA

View Full Version : First Timers to Disneyland - Background

Magic Smiles
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
This is my first trip report and our first trip to Disneyland. A little background info. On this trip was myself, DH and DS 17. Except for DH, DS’s and my first trip ever to any Disney park was in 2000. Since then we have been to WDW 5 times and have caught the bug. I however decided this year that I wanted to see somewhere else other than WDW. Since it was my 50th birthday trip and I was organizing it, I decided pretty much where to go. I am after all the trip planner, organizer and arranger for all vacation plans in this family. I let them know when, where and for how long. I did give them an option, either Disneyland or Disney Paris. We decided on Disneyland.

Since we were flying all the way from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada out to California I figured we might as well see more than just Disneyland, so that is how our almost 3 week vacation was born. We left Ottawa 2 Aug where the temperature was 57F at 6:00 am and arrived in Las Vegas at 11:10 am where the temperature was 105F. We stayed at the Mandalay Bay for 5 nights. From Las Vegas we drove to Los Angeles and stayed at the Universal Hilton across the street from Universal Studios for 5 nights also. Great location! From Los Angeles, where we saw Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie http://www.flickr.com/photos/15708334@N03/3885409431/
we headed to DL for 7 nights and then back to Las Vegas for 1 night before flying home exhausted 20 Aug 09.

Day 1 report is coming soon.

GusNJacque
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow-how cool. I did my first trip to Disneyland last December. We stayed longer-though not as long as you-and did LA and the beaches, etc. Was a great trip.

Can't wait to hear all about yours. Your off to a good start!

ozmom
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to hearing your reports. :mickey:

DisneyLandMomma
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm looking forward to reading your reports!! :)

Disneymom4ever
09-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm so excited to read your reports! I am planning a similar trip for next July- actually driving from Wa. state, and spending a week in L.A. and 3 days? in Las Vegas, before driving home to NC. Whew! I have 2 boys, 13 and 16, and they've never been. On to the reports... :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
That is sooooo cool!!!!!