PDA

View Full Version : Question About CRT, Need Help Deciding Tonight (09/03)

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 08:58 PM
I have to make my ADR's in the morning, and there has been a slight change in our party.

My 2 niece's aren't going with us now, And originally I was using them as my excuse to go to CRT for lunch, Is it weird if just me and my mom go to CRT (Me24 Mom53)? My mom said she would go if I wanted to go, but she thought we might be too old to go without kids, since it is a princess thing.

I really want to eat in Cinderella's castle but me and my mom don't know if it will be weird having just us there without kids during the "Princess lunch", we would go to the non princess dinner but we don't like the food options at dinner.

I want some suggestions on people who have done the CRT lunch without kids, Did you feel weird? Can you request to not "visit" with the princess'?

We aren't going for Princess' but would love to eat in the castle and like the lunch option the best.

I need help because I don't want to get there and feel out of place. HELP!!! :confused:

green ranger
09-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Don't even think twice about feeling funny. You and your Mom should definitely go. You will not be out of place. We weren't there for lunch, but dinner, and there were a lot of only adult tables and adults taking pictures with the mice! The Princesses will come to your table, you could take pictures with them if you want, or you could just say hello. I can tell you that we went to see the Princesses back in the Princess tent and there was a group of 20 year old girls in line waiting to meet the Princesses. In Disney, you are never too old for anything. Go and enjoy yourself!

tink179
09-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I agree with the above poster. Even if I didn't have any kids I would still eat there. How many people can say that they've eaten inside Cinderella's castle?:mickey: We're leaving in 2 weeks and we have ADR's at CRT for my 3 1/2 yr old after BBB, and ADR's at the Princess breakfast in Norway for MY 30th b-day!:secret: Don't let you age keep you from missing out on a great meal and wonderful surroundings!! You won't regret it!

clausjo
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I agree with everyone here. Just because you're not with kids you shouldn't let that stop you! I would love to be able to do something like this with my mom. I think it will be something special that you'll always remember.

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
This will be me and my mom's first "big" trip together, and our first trip to WDW just me and her. I am veerrry excited.

What's funny is I asked my mom "We are still going to CRT even without the kids right?" and she said "no, aren't we a little old to go without kids?" but 10 minutes later when we were talking about if we are still going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast my mom said "Of course we are going, I love breakfast!". I said "well mom it is a "kids" place they have Mickey, Minnie and Goofy" And she said "That's okay!"

LOL! yeah it's okay for you to go to character meals,if you choose the place! :funny:

g8rgirl29
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I say Go for it!!!!! We went last year for our DD then 4. We decided it was nice, a one time special thing, but we probably wouldn't do it again. Well this year our DD 23 will be joining us and when she was small and we went the one thing she really wanted to do was eat in that castle and we couldn't get a reservation at anytime during our trip. We are doing CRT again just for her!! I don't think you will be out of place at all!! I think this year I am going to get up the nerve to ask for my own wand!!

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I think this year I am going to get up the nerve to ask for my own wand!!

:secret:

LOL, well considering we are all "lords, and ladies" while at CRT shouldn't the "older" princess' get a wand too. :old:That's age discrimination I tell ya! ;)

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Definitely go!! There is a little kid in all of us! I love CRT!

Pirate Granny
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
We had dinner on New Years Eve in 2004...my three adult daughters and my dad, along with hubby and myself...we had a wonderful time...just no alcohol, which disappointed the girls...
:pirate:

beksy
09-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Go for it! We went to this and many other character dinners on our last trip when it was just my sister and me, both in our 20's. We're going again and my mom is insisting on lunch at Cindy's and we are doing a lot of other character meals again with no kids. We're just kids at heart and love the characters! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys, you have helped me feel a lot less worried about being out of place.
I am very much looking forward to booking my ADR's in the moring!:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Good luck I hope you get your adr and that you and your mom have a wonderful time. :)

DisneyPrincess21
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Good luck I hope you get your adr and that you and your mom have a wonderful time. :)

:thumbsup:Thank you! I did get my adr on the day I wanted and the time (well it's 5 minutes earlier than I wanted but I dont care)

I can't wait to go! It was the first ADR I booked this morning at 6:00am :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Absolutely go...we went once without any little girls and it was an awesome experience...and don't skip the princesses that's part of the fun:cloud9:

Disney4us2
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Is anyone ever too old at Disney? I would go and have a great time.:mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
This post has done wonders for me. For the first time in five years we are doing a character breakfast at Crystal Palace and I keep wavering because I don't want to be the only couple there without any children. Sounds like I'll be in good company!!!