PDA

View Full Version : Backyard BBQ questions

ljv1975
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Where do you pick up tickets? Can I get them at our resort when we check in even though we won't be going to the BBQ until four days later? What is the best way?

Also, we will be at the MK that day so is the best transportation option to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness? About how long does the boat take and does it drop you off at the pavilion or will we need to take a bus? What time should we be at the pavilion yo get s good seat? Can we take the boat back to MK after the BBQ? Our car will be at the TTC.

Sorry for so many questions!! This is a first for us!

Maleficent's Dad
09-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Where do you pick up tickets? Can I get them at our resort when we check in even though we won't be going to the BBQ until four days later? What is the best way?
Ask at your resort when you get there - I believe you can pick up your tickets at concierge, but I'm not certain.

Also, we will be at the MK that day so is the best transportation option to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness? About how long does the boat take and does it drop you off at the pavilion or will we need to take a bus? What time should we be at the pavilion yo get s good seat? Can we take the boat back to MK after the BBQ? Our car will be at the TTC.
Best option is to take the boat; you could drive your car to Ft. Wilderness, but you'd have to park up front and take a bus while there, anyway.
If you do take the boat, it's a 15 minute ride (thereabouts) with a stopoff at WL. It's a very short walk from the boat dock - 5 minutes tops - just ask when you depart. The BBQ pavilion is very close to where River Country used to be, in other words, just to the right when you get off the dock.

And yes, you can of course take the boat back to the MK afterwards.

TheVBs
09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
We did this last time and loved it! We picked up our tickets at the concierge desk at our hotel. I almost totally forgot about them! So we picked them up right before our dinner, but I'm sure you could pick them up earlier if you want. We took the boat from MK, about 15 minutes, very relaxing. We got there just on time, so all of the seats around the main dance floor were taken. But, we actually sat near one of the smaller dance floors, which we really liked because the girls could get up and dance, we could see them clearly the whole time, and then sit back down and eat. We took the boat back to MK, got to see the Electrical Water Parade pass by. :D Have a great time!

TheRustyScupper
09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Where do you pick up tickets?
. . . any resort Concierge desk
. . . any Guest Services desk

Can I get them at our resort when we check in
. . . as early as 7-days before event

best transportation option to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness?
. . . yes
About how long does the boat take and does it drop you off at the pavilion or will we need to take a bus?
. . . 15-20 minutes to boat dock
. . . 5-minute uphill walk to pavilion
. . . if uphill is a problem, take the bus from MK

What time should we be at the pavilion yo get s good seat?
. . . 20-45 minutes
. . . when it opens, there is a MAD DASH for seats. . . the good seats are gone in seconds

Can we take the boat back to MK after the BBQ?
. . . yes