PDA

View Full Version : dropped off at the parks?

spectrum2100
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
In a couple of weeks I'm going down to the world. Can't wait! But my wife is not going with me one day so I'll be flying solo. Is there a way my wife can drop me off at the parks, so she can keep the car during the day? i'm thinking of starting my day at the Studios. Can she drop me off without paying for parking, or should I get her to drop me off at like boardwalk and walk down to the entrance of the Studios. Also I'm thinking of finishing up at the MK or EP. What would be the easiest place for me to go to be picked up?

Thanks in advance.

BMan62
09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Where are you staying? Most places have transportation to/from the parks, or you could use taxi service.

Mousemates
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
As Bman62 said a bit more information about where you are staying would be helpful in answering your question...

on site vs off-site vs DTD etc.

spectrum2100
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, forgot, I'm staying off-site, which may or may not have transportation to the parks. I want to be at the studios at rope drop, and dont know if i can count on an off-site transporation.

Rhetoric2000
09-03-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm 99% certain you can just say to the toll attendant that you are dropping off and they will let you in. Each park has an allocated drop off point which I have used many times (the fact I have an annual pass so get free parking anyway accounts for the 1%).

Melanie
09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm 99% certain you can just say to the toll attendant that you are dropping off and they will let you in. Each park has an allocated drop off point which I have used many times (the fact I have an annual pass so get free parking anyway accounts for the 1%).

You are right. I've done it before in the past. Just let the attendant know and they should direct you into the correct lane for the drop off point.

Scar
09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Just let the attendant know and they should direct you into the correct lane for the drop off point.Hmm... Is it just me, or does it seem like this system has potential for abuse?

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
1) Every park has a "drop off" lane.
2) The parking toll taker directs you.
3) In some cases, they put a sign on your windshield.
4) The drop off / pickup areas are very convenient.
5) There is no parking charge for dropping off guests.
6) Plus, little chance at getting to actually park for free instead of dropping off

EXAMPLE1: MK
. . . stay near the right side of toll booth
. . . after booth, bear to the right
. . . follow street to first traffic light, turn left at light
. . . pass kennel and turn into cab-stand area
. . . drop off people at the rain shelter
. . . exit lot and drive past Poly for exit of MK
. . . no way to sneak into parking lot without paying
EXAMPLE2: DHS
. . . go to either side of toll booth
. . . attendant puts a paper under windshield wiper
. . . follow blue line (OK, it might be green)
. . . continue to bus zone
. . . a CM will remove tag and point to unload zone
. . . afterward, follow line to normal exit
. . . hard to escape paying, as you are watched as you follow the line
. . . once past the next CM, you can't enter parking spaces and must exit

magicofdisney
09-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmm... Is it just me, or does it seem like this system has potential for abuse?

I was thinking the same thing but TRS covered it pretty well.

joelkfla
09-05-2009, 11:51 AM
As mentioned above, the Guest drop-off for MK is at TTC. You'll need to take the Monorail or Ferryboat from the MK to the TTC (aka, MK main parking lot), and meet your ride at the taxi stand.

tinicummom
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Just got back a few hours ago...My husband dropped me off almost every day. Hollywood Studios is the easiest and most convenient, but they are all very easy. There is a dropoff at MK as well, but he usually dropped me off at the kennel club, which seemed to be a shorter walk.

Have fun!

Belster
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
We have done this before and we went in by the tour buses...just past where they park was where we were let off.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 01:44 AM
WOW! Just when I thought I knew everything about WDW, I learn something new. I had no idea there was a dropoff lane. This is why I log into Intercot daily. Good stuff....keep it coming!:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
WOW! Just when I thought I knew everything about WDW, I learn something new. I had no idea there was a dropoff lane. This is why I log into Intercot daily. Good stuff....keep it coming!:thumbsup:

1) Yep.
2) All sorts of little tidbits.
. . . drop off
. . . child swap
3) But, there is a problem we haven't been able to solve.
4) Every time we use one of these, the kids still find their way home.