PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Menu at Yachtsman & Coral Reef

BrerStitch
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi all,

We're traveling to the World with my in-laws in December and they will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. I've heard rumors that the Yachstman does personalized menus...does anyone know the contact email or phone number for this.

Has anyone recently had this done at Coral Reef or the Yachtsman, I've heard they no longer do this and want to be sure.
Thanks!

medic9016
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
There was a post on here not long ago that they are no longer done. Try calling Disney dining.

prttynpnk
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
We were at the Yachtsmen in june and they did it. We didn't have to say anything at the time- the information was taken when we did our ADRs. Flying Fish had one prepared also. The staff at Narcoosees saw our pins and printed one up as a surprise, too. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
1) All sit down eateries, including Coral Reef, can do a personalized menu.
2) However, they are no longer elaborate.
3) They usually say something like "Happy 40th Anniversary, Jim & Sue Smith".
4) BUT,
. . . it is up to the CM's if they want to do it
. . . the CM's can refuse or just not get it done
. . . plus, if they are busy, it usually doesn't happen
. . . they are under no obligation
. . . one should be very nice when one asks for such a menu
5) Put in a request on the dining ADR, then hope it works.
6) Expect nothing and be pleased if it occurs.

NOTE: Most eateries try to please the guests. You could *usually* expect a personalized menu for a very special occasion, like a 40th anniversary. However, they are loath to do it for birthdays and short anniversaries, or they would be doing it all day. This happened at Coral Reef, and CM's could get enough time to do their regular jobs. If they missed a menu, then the guest felt they didn't get an entitlement and complained to no end. Thus, the general practice was stopped.