PDA

View Full Version : Epcot dining....with a 17 yr boy and 9 yr old girl

Running_Bell
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
We want to dine at Epcot and have done the character things before. I think my 17 year old DS would appreciate something a bit more "cool" but I'd like it to still appeal to our 9 year old DD who still loves Tinkerbell and other characters! Any suggestions?

megustamex
09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I know a lot of people rip on the food at San Angel in Mexico, but I still think it's the "coolest" atmosphere in Epcot. And I always order the Chicken Mole which is good. Italy has the "cool" factor too with the live strolling music and the cute Italian waiters...

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
My DS(15) and DD(11) both enjoy:

Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown

GreenBeetle
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I have a son and daughter 7 years apart (now 19 and 12), and we have often had the same problem in Disney. Although my daughter was never much of a Princess fan, we still love to see Mickey and friends, while keeping the "cool" factor in some meals.

This time around (January 2010) we are looking forward to trying Teppan Edo and Tutto Italia at Epcot. But we'll keep the family tradition of Chef Mickey's for breakfast on our last day to say goodbye to the Big Cheese! :wave:

bruin1344
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
When I was 9 i like the Teppan Edo restaurant (or whatever the name is previously was). Tutto Italia may appeal also.

JCDarzi
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi,
The first Epcot restaurant to pop into my head was Coral Reef. It's one of our favorites. Neat atmosphere and great food.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Ms. Mode
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
San Angels Inn has good food and great atmosphere :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
San Angel Inn, maybe Akershus, princesses for her but the World Showcase location makes it perhaps a little more tolerable for him than eating at the castle or 1900 Park Fare. My kids enjoyed all of World Showcase at any age, so you really can't go wrong there with any restaurant choice. Teppan Edo is also a good one.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I seldom recommend San angel, but in this case, yes.
. . . the boy can get some Mexican food
. . . the girl can see Mexican Donald Duck

Goes4FastPass
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Akershus

The food is good.

The 9YO girl can talk to the princesses.

The 17YO Boy can talk to the princesses.

Dad better NOT try to talk to the princesses.

AmandaChan
09-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Two restaurants they might enjoy is San Angel Inn and Biergarten. San Angel Inn has a great atmosphere that they should really enjoy (with a volcano in the background and neat outdoor feeling interior) and Biergarten has a live band that kids of any age seem to enjoy. Not to mention there's a buffet with lots of different yummy desserts.

doombuggygal
09-04-2009, 02:33 AM
I would say Teppan Edo is a good choice.

E-OR
09-04-2009, 12:09 PM
My 18 year old loves Coral Reef. The fish tank is something that is unusual and entertaining for younger kids too. We are planning to eat here again the end of September. Even though it is not a character meal it is a fun and different place to eat.

Running_Bell
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Well... we made ADR for Biergarten (again). We do love it and it does have something for everyone. My DS and DD seemed happy.

I must say I did love the online ADRs... it listed several times to choose from that were close to my entered choice... and allowed me to associate it with my reservation. The only problem I had was it asked for a date... which I thought it meant dining date so I entered that and it kept returning "reservation not found"... I finally read it again and it was asking for the travel check-in date.... oh...user error. :secret:

azcavalier
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Coral Reef. Interesting for all.

Teppan Edo. Great food, and entertaining chefs.

Marrakesh. The food was better than I thought, and the belly dancing was too. The 17yr old DS just might pay attention there.

Chefs De France? If the 9yr old DD can see Remy, and the 17yr old DS can flirt with the French waitresses (whom, from our experiences there, like to flirt).

thrillme
09-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I kinda thought Tusker House with Safari Mickey was kinda cool.

Makarash with the Belly Dancers seems pretty cool too.

Sorry ya'll I haven't managed to eat at San Angel. I don't trust Mexican food outside of Texas.

dream_disney
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Teppan Edo in Japan is amazing! It's "cool" because it's more safisticated but also the chef cooks on your table right in front of you. He will perform tricks with the fire, smoke, and catching things on his knife. Food is also good. Marrakesh... good atmosphere but I personally thought the food was gross. San Angel Inn is good Mexican food and a boat ride runs through the resturaunt. It's also inside a pyramid... do you call that cool?
All I can say is you won't be too disappointed anywhere in the world showcase at Epcot!:mickey:

DVC2004
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM
San Angel- Atmosphere is great; food is average. Just be prepared.

Try Rose and Crown at about 7:30 ish. Great food, fun atmosphere, friendly service and about the best view you can get of Illuminations. You can request dining outside (not guaranteed), but no worries because when Illuminations starts there is an outdoor viewing patio for the restaurant patrons. So if you end up dining inside, you'll still be able to go out and snag a great view when the fireworks start.