PDA

View Full Version : Dining credit confusion...

DisneyRN
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
How many credits do we have?

If we check in mid-day on a Saturday and check out the following Saturday, how many Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners, do I have to plan with?

I am so confused...dining is not supposed to be this difficult! :blush:

medic9016
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
You should have 7 each per person. It goes by the number of nights you stay.

MuchLovedMama
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
If you're on the basic dining plan you'll have 1 TS, 1 CS & 1 Snack PER NIGHT per person. It's all per night not per day or per meal. So you should have 7 TS's, 7 CS's & 7 snacks per person for the entire trip. These can be used however you want until midnigh the day you check out. Forinstance if you want 3 CS's in one day you can do that. You just subtract what you use from the total.

It'sWDW4me
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
For the QS dining plan, you'll have 14 QS (7 nights @ 2 per night), 14 snacks, plus the refillable mug per person.

For the regular dining plan, you'll have 7 QS (7 nights @ 1 per night), 7 TS, and 7 snacks per person. No mug - go figure. :confused:

For the deluxe dining plan, you'll have 21 meals (can be used as either TS or QS), 14 snacks, plus the refillable mug per person.

BMan62
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
For the QS dining plan, you'll have 14 QS (7 nights @ 2 per night), 14 snacks, plus the refillable mug per person.

For the regular dining plan, you'll have 7 QS (7 nights @ 1 per night), 7 TS, and 7 snacks per person. No mug - go figure. :confused:

For the deluxe dining plan, you'll have 21 meals (can be used as either TS or QS), 14 snacks, plus the refillable mug per person.

Yeah, what is the deal with no mug on the "Standard" plan, but 'free' mug on the others?

DisneyRN
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Looking back at our confirmation from Magical Journeys and WDW Travel, we are on the Deluxe dining plan...

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I guess there is no free mug because it is already the better value? If you can even consider any a great value now. We use the regular dining during the free dining period, but would probably not come out if we had to pay for it.

OleDoleDoffin
09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, what is the deal with no mug on the "Standard" plan, but 'free' mug on the others?My guess? The standard plan came first, and they didn't need to offer the mug to get people to buy it.

Then they added the deluxe plan, and the idea was to give people the feeling that everything was paid for and taken care of. A mug for free coffee/sodas was a cheap add-on to seal the deal - after all, the mugs themselves don't cost Disney much, and sodas and coffee are ridiculously cheap to produce.

Then came the "Quick Service" plan, and something was needed to sweeten the deal (in addition to the "extra" snack credit for each night). With the mug, it might be a good deal for shorter trips. Clearly the bean counters are hoping that people coming for longer trip will either opt for one of the more expensive plans or be really bad at math :thedolls:

BMan62
09-03-2009, 12:28 PM
My guess? The standard plan came first, and they didn't need to offer the mug to get people to buy it.

Then they added the deluxe plan, and the idea was to give people the feeling that everything was paid for and taken care of. A mug for free coffee/sodas was a cheap add-on to seal the deal - after all, the mugs themselves don't cost Disney much, and sodas and coffee are ridiculously cheap to produce.

Then came the "Quick Service" plan, and something was needed to sweeten the deal (in addition to the "extra" snack credit for each night). With the mug, it might be a good deal for shorter trips. Clearly the bean counters are hoping that people coming for longer trip will either opt for one of the more expensive plans or be really bad at math :thedolls:

Ah, but the mugs were only added to the Deluxe Plan this year. The DxDDP has been around for a few years now. I understand it with the QSDDP, though. We'll still buy the mugs and be happy.

DisneyRN
09-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, but if we have 7 for each night of our stay, would we not (in theory) have a breakfast credit for the Saturday of our arrival left over that could be used on the Saturday morning of our departure?

Or would it have expired? :confused:

See my confusion!

It'sWDW4me
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
To, hopefully, clear confusion your credits don't expire until midnight of the day you check out. So you could, technically, check out of your resort but still have dinner reservations for that evening. It is a "use it or lose it" system - there are no refunds.

It may help to think of this as credits vs meals, especially on the deluxe since QS and TS are practically interchangeable. If you have 21 credits per person but do nothing but signature dining, you'd have 11 meals (10 signature, 1 regular). The same 21 credits could be spent for lunch and dinner on day 1; breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2 through 7; and breakfast on day 8 (check-out day) if you only go to meals requiring only 1 credit each. The credits are a completely flexible thing to be used in hundreds of different combinations.

Tink1
09-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Your unused credits are good until midnight on the day you check out.

You can use the CS, TS and Snacks in any manner you like. You can use them all in one day of you are so inclined. You are not locked into using them at certain times on each individual day.

Nanc

DeniseMB
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
You have until midnight of the day of your departure to use any unused credits. :mickey:

DisneyRN
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
OK...finally some clarity!

So, since DD and I are doing the Princess Tea/Brunch at GF that is mega expensive, and we are going to skip breakfast & lunch that day, in actuality we will have an extra TS credit. So the 2 TS that we will use for CP at Biergarten lunch and possible CRT breakfast we won't really be losing anything?

Make sense? The only one I have to worry about is the 2 credits I am using for Hoop de doo. :(