PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is the NSSHP on 10/31... Should I pick another date?

disnewbie
09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
We're considering going for the NSSHP in October. While being there ON Halloween would be really cool, I'm willing to go on the 29th or even November 1st if it means substantially fewer crowds. Any experience and/or opinions out there???

Brer Mickey
09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
We have attended four times total and twice on Halloween and while you can expect heavy crowds, there was not a considerable difference in how crowded the park felt.

We also noticed that regardless of which night you attend, the crowds thin out after a couple of hours leaving the open E attractions with little to no waiting.

I would definately go on the 31st if possible. Seriously, how cool is it to be in the Haunted Mansion and see the Headless Horseman on Halloween! Ooooohh Spoooky!:blackcat:

Tinkerfreak
09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
We also go on Halloween night and don't find the crowd too bad. As the op mentioned, the crowds do thin out as the night goes on because lots of people have little ones with them and they get tired earlier. We usually watch the second parade and do other things during the first parade. Once they do the fireworks it really clears out. We love being there Halloween night.

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
While we thought it was really neat to be at MNSSHP on Halloween, there is no difference between being there Halloween or being there on another night. However, the resorts usually have a lot of fun activities going on just Halloween night that you may not want to miss. Just a thought.:mickey: Whatever you choose, I know you will have a blast! There is no better place to be at Halloween or otherwise than WDW!!!!

SurferStitch
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
We went Halloween night in 2004, and while it was sold out, the crowds didn't seem any worse than on any other October night that we've done the party the past few years. The crowds definitely thin out after the fireworks.

If we would be in WDW over Halloween again, we would definitely go that night. We had a blast! There was just something so cool about being in the HM on Halloween night. Even though nothing was different (except for the CM's in makeup like they do during the party), it still felt creepier. I loved it!