PDA

View Full Version : Help planning Dec. trip!

wdwnutz
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
What time are the Osbourne Lights turned on nightly in December? I am planning our days and can't locate a time. Also the "busiest days" for each park do they hold true for 12/11 - 12/17? And the balloon at Downtown, do you need reservations, time it is open and cost? Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

SurferStitch
09-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I remember the Osborne lights were turned on just before sunset, at twilight. In early December, that was around 5:00 - 5:15 pm. One night they actually turned them on a little early because the crowd was so huge.

We've found the crowds start picking up considerable by the 16th or so. And I mean, the crowds REALLY start building. We are there from 12/3-12/12 this year to avoid the crowd buildup. Just be prepared to see a big increase at the end of your trip.

Don't know about the balloon ride. I'm sure someone will come along with that.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Balloon ride was $16.00. Well spent. :thumbsup:Don't need reservations, but not sure about opening time. Closes whenever weather might be a problem in the area.

ransam
09-03-2009, 12:34 AM
you aer gonna love your visit in December. I've been to disney at all kinds of times, and last year was our first time for December, and we loved it...going back this year.
remember the weather...even if it's nice during the day, it can get nippy at night, so always bring a sweatshirt or something...
the parks are beautiful, but during December, it's like walking in a postcard. lights everywhere...
man, you're getting me excited....oh yea, by the way, in 18 minutes i'll be 100 days away...

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 01:04 AM
you aer gonna love your visit in December. I've been to disney at all kinds of times, and last year was our first time for December, and we loved it...going back this year.
remember the weather...even if it's nice during the day, it can get nippy at night, so always bring a sweatshirt or something...
the parks are beautiful, but during December, it's like walking in a postcard. lights everywhere...
man, you're getting me excited....oh yea, by the way, in 18 minutes i'll be 100 days away...

I agree it's my favorite time of the year to be at WDW, We went for the first time in December 2007, because we had to do it at least once but since then we can't go any other time except December. Disney feels even more magical during the holiday's. This will be our 3rd December trip in a row!

:santa3::cloud9:Only 91 Days To Go Till I Am At The Happiest Place On Earth!!!:cloud9::santa3:

wdwnutz
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
This is our 2nd time to the world in December, first time being 2006. It was absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to go and I am probably over planning, but I can't help it! I am the Disney nut in our family! Thanks for all the help! No matter how many times you go, it's always nice to here everyone else's experiences. :mickey: