PDA

View Full Version : Unused tickets

spectrum2100
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
now look, im not trying to lie, cheat, or steal here, this is a very legitimate question. If my cousin bought a five day pass, and only used a couple of days, that is going to expire at the end of the year, and is not going anymore this year, can he pass it on to me to use. I myself don't see the harm in this because he paid for the days, so someone should be able to use them, right? So do you think i'll be able to use them, or do they use those fingerprint things so i can't use them. It seems to me the last few times I've went the fingerprint machines weren't working or something.

BMan62
09-02-2009, 02:11 PM
No. The passes are keyed to biometrics the first time they are used. Unless you have the exact same finger he has, it won't let you in the parks.

It'sWDW4me
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
No, it is stated on the tickets that they are not transferrable. Plus they expire 14 days after their first use. Plus Disney does use the finger scan (which is not scanning your fingerprint but your finger/bone structure) so the only person who could use that ticket is whomever used them first.

CleveRocks
09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
They use those fingerprint things so you can't use them.

I'm not moralizing, but you're not being forthcoming when you say you're not trying to lie, cheat or steal. You seem to know that partially-used tickets are non-transferable, and you are asking if there is a way around the system to use them anyway. Again, I'm not judging you on that, but don't say you're not trying to cheat the system ... that's exactly what you hope to do.

When you say, "someone else should be able to use them, right?", you're not realizing that part of the contract in buying a ticket is that no one will use it but you, that it's non-transferable.

If Disney allowed people to share tickets, we'd all be paying a helluva lot more money for tickets ... Disney will make their money one way or another.

The turnstile finger scanners are occasionally turned off due to long lines, etc., but that can change on a minute-to-minute basis. You can't know whether they will be on or not ... they are usually on.

CleveRocks
09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Unless you have the exact same finger he has, it won't let you in the parks.

the finger scan (which is not scanning your fingerprint but your finger/bone structure)

No bones anymore. It is looking at ther fingerprint, but it isn't storing the fingerprint itself. The scan looks at 3 or 4 specific aspects of the geometry of the fingerprint and takes the measurements between and among these features. It puts these measurements through a proprietary algorithm and comes up with a number.

There is an industry term for that number that is produced using this type of system ... I believe it's called a "hash." This hash can't be used backwards to identify you out of nowhere like a fingerprint could. In fact, your hash will match roughly 1 in 1,000 people. The old 2-finger finger scan method, the one where they DID use bone measurements, worked on exactly the same principle, and also was only accurate enough to exclude 99.9% of others.

But 1 in 1,000 is plenty good odds that you can't use someone else's ticket. But then again, there is a 1 in 1,000 chance.

caryrae
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
If my cousin bought a five day pass, and only used a couple of days, that is going to expire at the end of the year, and is not going anymore this year, can he pass it on to me to use.

How do you get a 5 day pass that expires at the end of the year anyway. Don't they either expire in 14 days or do not expire at all depending on what options you buy for the ticket?

spectrum2100
09-02-2009, 04:02 PM
The tickets were bought using the Military Salute package, we are both in the military. The tickets expire Dec 23.

I guess I won't be able to use them.

Thanks for all of your answers!!

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
The tickets were bought using the Military Salute package, we are both in the military.

1) Oh.
2) Now you want to use tickets meant for fighting men/women.
3) If you are in the military, then you shoud buy your own.
4) I can't even come up with a printable name for this.

09-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Interesting that, on Monday I worked turnstiles and we "caught" some more military tickets that had been sold to others and they were trying to use them to come into the park. We are seeing more of that every day.

While it is possible to use them and not get caught, they are getting caught more and more often lately. Just seems to have been a problem the last 3 or 4 weeks.

One of the other posters was correct about TAGS going on and off at random. It is not possible to know when it will be off as it has a mind of its own as to when it switches and for how long. It does not always relate to the volume of people coming in as yesterday it was off for about 10 minutes and there were no lines to speak of.

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Interesting that, on Monday I worked turnstiles and we "caught" some more military tickets that had been sold to others and they were trying to use them to come into the park.

1) I have never worked a turnstile.
2) But, I am REALLY glad these are being caught.
3) And stopped.

NOTE: Those who have read my posts in the past have probably figured that I am so conservative, that I make Newt Gingrich look like Tip O'Neil. I believe, what right is right. And, don't go messin' with my military.

CleveRocks
09-03-2009, 08:25 AM
1) I have never worked a turnstile.
2) But, I am REALLY glad these are being caught.
3) And stopped.

NOTE: Those who have read my posts in the past have probably figured that I am so conservative, that I make Newt Gingrich look like Tip O'Neil. I believe, what right is right. And, don't go messin' with my military. Rusty,

I make Tip O'Neill look like Barry Goldwater, but I agree with you 100% about everything you've said in this thread.

Melanie
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
To the OP: if you are also military, you should get a FREE 5 day hopper as well. No active duty military member is paying for these tickets.

Answer has been given, tickets are NOT transferrable in any situation, and you will more than likely be caught if you try to do so. Thread closed.