PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Fun?

DisneyFr33k
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Ok, most of us have used the Disney Transportation Busses (and/or Magical Express) to get around the World. We've all spent time in lines to board busses or on them getting to/from resorts or parks.

What fun or interesting experiences or observations have you had either on or waiting for a bus?

Ours was our drive back to the airport. The bus was only 1/4 full, and very quiet. Except a man, wife and young son in the back of the bus (about 5 rows back). The father kept mimicking the cast members he'd heard saying "have a magical day", except he said it song-like "haaave a maaagicaaal daaaay". He kept going on and on with different things added (and very loud). It was so funny we cannot even mention it to this day without laughing. :funny: And this was 3 years ago!

illini
09-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Back in 2005, we went for DS's 5th birthday. Waiting to take the boat from DTD to POR one night, we met a very nice lady in her 60s or 70s who chatted with DS. He liked her so much, he sat next to her on the boat. A couple of nights later, we saw her in line for the bus when leaving Epcot. When we got on the bus, DH tried to sit down, but DS said, "No, Daddy! That seat is for my FRIEND!" When she got on the bus, he called her over. They chatted the whole way. We ended up exchanging addresses and she even wrote him a letter. Very sweet!

It'sWDW4me
09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
This one immediately sprang to mind: we were heading back to our resort from MK late one night in 2007. HM was down for refurb. Either the bus driver was a CM at the HM or he just simply loved the ride. All the way from MK to OKW, he'd be cracking some seriously off-beat jokes and quoting lines from HM - and after each he'd say "Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha" while flicking the bus lights on and off. At one point during the ride, he was trying to get everyone on the bus to call someone on their cell phones so that he could do the creepy voice and freak the people out on the other end of the calls. It was the funniest bus ride I've ever taken! :laughing:

wishiniwasthere
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
We had a great time on one of the buses due to a sports fanatic bus driver. My daughter had on a St. Louis Cardinals shirt and the bus driver made a comment to her when she was getting on the bus. Then there was a family who had Chicago Cubs t-shirts on. Well, for anyone who doesn't know it, the Cards/Cubs is a HUGE rivalry. It was a "smack talk" ride all the way back to our resort! The bus driver was the instigator. It was all in fun and everyone had a good time. Of course, our team won!!!! :number1:
GO CARDINALS!!!!

handmaidenofprincesses
09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Very very late one night (or perhaps very early one morning) after MK EMH, we were stuck on a bus back to Pop Century- there were waaayyy too many ppl on board, and we had already waited for a long time. Needless to say, we were all slightly bedraggled and grumpy. The bus driver tried to keep us entertained by quizzing us on Disney trivia. Well of course, I was sitting right behind him and had a ready answer for each question. I was certainly enjoying myself, until he started asking about the castle in Disneyland. He asked which princess had "ownership" of the castle. When no one else answered (I tried to give other ppl a chance first lol) I said "Sleeping Beauty" and he told me I was WRONG! He said that it was Snow White's castle, since she was the first of Disney's princess', and nothing I could say could change his mind, to the point where I began to doubt myself. But I got home and googled it, and I was right! :) Go figure...

ransam
09-03-2009, 12:48 AM
on my last day a couple years ago it was raining in the morning...we only had a few hours before we had to leave... my sister had decided to just chill at the hotel and do some last minute shopping at the resort hotel. my buddy had gone off to the park..i was trying to decide if i wanted to go or not, so finally i decided to go and got on the bus. on the bus i was siting next to a very cute girl (about 25-30). we started talking and she had told me that she had just divorced her husband, and her father was so happy that he said he was going to take them all to Disneyworld...so they took him up on it. so she wsa there w/ her dad, mother, and daughter...she had never gone...once we got to the park the sun came out...MK was almost completely empty, so we actually went on a few rides together...ended up exchanging emails and phone numbers, and i have never seen her again, but every day we text back and forth most of the day....as weird as it sounds, she is one of my best friends...

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Off topic, But is it just me or does it seem a lot easier to talk to strangers at WDW? I am not the type to strike up a conversation with people i don't know in the "real world" but in WDW I have found some great people I have chatted with while waiting for fireworks, or parades, or rides. It seems so much easier to talk to them and they are more friendly and chatty then in the "real world"

Maybe it is because we all share our love for Disney and that makes us feel like we know each other so it is easier to talk to one another.

:santa3::cloud9: Only 91 Days To Go Till I Am At The Happiest Place On Earth!!!:cloud9::santa3:

Phantod
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
This was back in 2007. We were returning from somewhere (don't really recall where) and as we started going around Caribbean Beach Resort, neither the automated sound machine nor the bus driver was announcing the various stops. So, I took it upon myself to do the announcing, trying my best to emulate the normal announcement. Everybody was cracking up after a couple of the stops. When we got off at Jamaica....I told them all that they were on their own...just as the automated announcements began again.

nicster
09-03-2009, 01:24 AM
This was back in 2007. We were returning from somewhere (don't really recall where) and as we started going around Caribbean Beach Resort, neither the automated sound machine nor the bus driver was announcing the various stops. So, I took it upon myself to do the announcing, trying my best to emulate the normal announcement. Everybody was cracking up after a couple of the stops. When we got off at Jamaica....I told them all that they were on their own...just as the automated announcements began again.
Hey ... I think I was on that bus... Aug 2007, right???:blush:

SuzieBell
09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
In 2008 we were on the bus, early evening from Pop going to MK and the bus was so packed. It was SRO! The bus driver was trying to say his little speech and no one was listening. We were standing right up front. I told him no one heard that. He said, "I'll bet they hear this" and he popped in another announcement saying the park was at capacity and gates were closed so he was taking us to another park! You should have heard the hush! DH and DS and I were cracking up laughing!!:D

TheVBs
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
This past May we left MK one night after Wishes, only to discover that the bus line was HUGE! So we sat down at the back to wait for the line to go down. Our DD4 fell asleep in DH's lap. Finally the line was small enough to be worth standing up for. DD was still out like a light and she peed on her dad - TWICE! Luckily, the line behind us was short enough that I could warn everyone to step around the puddle. :blush:

MushuGrl
09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
My MAN Hector!!!

Hector is the best bus driver EVER and I've had the pleasure of being on his bus twice. First time was 2005 - my mother and I hopped the bus at DTD Marketplace to head back to Pop. Hector (who called himself "the crazy Puerto Rican"), told us the plan was to go to West Side, Blizzard Beach, Pop, Marketplace, West Side, Blizzard Beach, OVER AND OVER AGAIN...til we died. He then pulled us up to West Side, and pronounced it his lunch break, and he'd be back in an hour. By this time, he had us ALL cracking up. Then he told us that our new driver would be coming on, and she was Puerto Rican too, but she was "so serious". Meanwhile, this poor lady is standing beside the bus, waiting to get on, with Hector yelling "LOOKIT HER! JUST LOOKIT HER! SO SERIOUS!" and a bus load of passengers looking at her and giggling. (He then proceeded to tell her WE were okay..just too serious.)

Fast-forward to Dec. 2009. Sister, best friend and I hop the bus from Pop to EPCOT. The automated spiel starts, and driver promptly cuts it off..IT'S HECTOR! (Unless, he says, you have any complaints, then it's Jose.) He then threatens to drive us to MIAMI unless we sing Christmas carols with him, including our own special version of "Silver Bells", which included the line "It's Christmas Time in KISSIMMEE." We also did the first five days of Christmas (he didn't want us to get TOO crazy) and "Feliz Navidad". Of course, by that time, some of us couldn't sing because of the tears streaming down our face from laughter.

Hector is the MAN and I hope we get him again next trip!

LVT
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Is Hector also the driver that make everyone sing
"The wheels on the bus go round and round"?

beksy
09-05-2009, 01:05 AM
We love Hector!

Our most memorable time on the bus was in Feb. 2008. I don't remember where we were headed but the bus was filled and for the only time during our stay my sister and I had to stand up. Well, we don't have very good balance to begin with and the bus driver drove like a NYC taxi driver. We were flying around curves and everyone was flying into each other. My Dsis and I were hanging on with both hands but still kept losing our balance and falling into the three guys standing next to us. Actuallly it was like a Domino affect with her falling into me, me falling into the guy next to me, him falling into the friend next to him, and that friend falling into a third friend who was "lucky" enough to have a seat. Each time we just laughed. Of course it helped that the guys were cute, about my age, and we were all single! :bump:

IamBelle
09-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Is Hector also the driver that make everyone sing
"The wheels on the bus go round and round"?

OMG We got Hector going to EPCOT this trip!! He made us sing the wheels on the bus and did the wipers and the horn. When we said the brakes, everyone was preparing for him to jam on the brakes, and he goes "HA! I fooled you!" He was the best bus driver ever!!

Another experience going home from ASMu...
We got on Magical Express to go back to the Airport, which is usually a sad trip, but our bus driver made us laugh so much! His name was Bill Murphy and he told jokes the whole ride. After the goodbye video, he said to us "Ok, so how many ppl have seen parents scream at their children to go on a ride or say "you'll eat every piece of that, that was expensive!" That wasn't in the video...I'm going to make a video with all the stuff you really see in Disney on October 3rd...then get fired on October 4th." He was sooo funny!

kemps@wdw
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I love MOST of the transprotation CMs on property. Alot of them do a fine job and are always polite, some of them go above the call of duty and are a WDW attraction in themselves, and some, well...let's just say that you can definitely tell for them, it's just a job! I personally LOVE talking to anyone and everyone on these transports (especially the kids), and when DH and I retire and start our new careers @ WDW, I can see myself as working in the transportation area, (although, it wouldn't seem like work to me). The one CM that stands out for me was the gentleman CM on the boat dock @ MK, after a late evening w/a LOT of people waiting to load. (and alot of cranky kids). As, I believe, a former marine, he literally took charge of the crowd in a most calming and professional manor,and began a trivia contest...a "marine style" trivia contest on WDW. Needless to say, crowd control was obvoiusly not a problem for him! And within minutes, he had the WHOLE crowd playing, because, the WHOLE crowd could hear him! (LOL) Can't say that I've ever had a more enjoyable (albeit, long) wait time.
-Thank you sir...Semper Fi!

Lakin
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
The bus is always the best place to make new friends. I always make sure to sit by people my age and I talk up a storm.

johnO
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
We had a late night bus ride back from the "Hoop-Dee-Doo" Revue one night and two young men, barely 21, sang, in unison, "Beans and Beer, Bean and Beer......" It was surprisingly unobnoxious, as they'd apparently had more than their share of both.....

SBETigg
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
We had a late night bus ride back from the "Hoop-Dee-Doo" Revue one night and two young men, barely 21, sang, in unison, "Beans and Beer, Bean and Beer......" It was surprisingly unobnoxious, as they'd apparently had more than their share of both.....

Surprisingly unobnoxious? Hee hee. You must have been in a good Disney mood.

We usually keep to ourselves on the buses, but we do enjoy people-watching, so no problem with others entertaining us while we ride. I would feel compelled to get in on a trivia game, though. I love trivia.

IloveDisney71
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Off topic, But is it just me or does it seem a lot easier to talk to strangers at WDW? I am not the type to strike up a conversation with people i don't know in the "real world" but in WDW I have found some great people I have chatted with while waiting for fireworks, or parades, or rides. It seems so much easier to talk to them and they are more friendly and chatty then in the "real world".

I've noticed that I do that at Disney too. I rarely strike up conversations with people (I'm kind of shy meeting new people) but at Disney it seems easier to do.

My funniest bus experience was when the bus driver started singing Wheels on the Bus. She blew the horn at the honk, honk, honk part and turned on the windshield wipers at the swish, swish, swish, part. There were only a few of us on the bus at the time and only one child, but the rest of us sang along. It was hilarious!

SandmanGStefani24
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
i try and stay away from riding the buses, but the last time i did i got a kick out of the ride back to the resorts at night. it's noisy with all the parents and kids talking, and then once the lights go out, and the bus gets moving, they start dropping like flies!

when the lights come on and you're at the resort all the once noisy kids are fast asleep!:D

jnfr2424
09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
On a bus ride back to our resort I learned from the CM that EPCOT really stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired!!!

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 03:54 AM
We had a bus driver who was very nice, ask us if we wanted a great photo of our DD2 at the time. We said sure and he got up out of his seat and put her in the driver seat of the bus. Made for a great photo op!:thumbsup: