PDA

View Full Version : My first time waitlisting, Whats your waitlisting experience?

luvDaMouse
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I have a reservation at SSR for 2 studios for Halloween weekend (thurs thru mon 11-2) There are 5 of us Me, DH 2 DD's and DD boyfriend. I am waitlisted at AKL and BLTfor a 1bedroom. I was calling everyday to check availablilty on even 2 studios at a different resort ( I would rather us all be in one room) Have any of you had much success calling or just waiting??? should I call everyday?? I am on it until 7 days prior to our trip but it is my first time waitlisting so I dont know if I should keep calling or is that a waste of time? :confused:
Dana:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
If you're on the waitlist with MS, there's no need to continually call them.

If you check the member website, under the section that says "View Vacation Details" (right hand column at home page when you log in), that link will give you your accomodations. If the waitlist comes through, the website updates automatically - so you'd know within minutes if you got what you wanted.

Now, as far as the waitlist is concerned...
It's a hit-or-miss thing nowadays.
And while you have every reason to be hopeful, Halloween may be a tough weekend to get in to where you want - especially BLT.

Good luck! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
hard to get a waitlist to one of the "prime" (aka...places where people actually want to go...as opposed to the fallbacks) locations during any holiday....

even more if you are only a couple of months away.

you have a good shot at Animal Kingdom....as the new portion is not fully open yet and that may allow for some new rooms to be coming online between now and then....

good luck