PDA

View Full Version : Do I need dining reservations for the Candlelight Processional?

disnewbie
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I've read that the "only way" to get a seat at one of the three showings of the Candlelight Processional is to have a dining reservation with the Candlelight Package. Is this true? Or is this only true for the more crowded dates?

We're thinking of going on a Friday or Monday the second week of December and wondered if we could just plan on getting in w/ out a TS reservation. :confused:

DreamFinder2
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't have any first-hand experience, but from reading lots of posts, it sounds like if you're willing to get in line early enough, you can get in to CP w/o booking a dining package. I'm not sure, but the posts I've read say that the "standby line" for CP starts to form anywhere from 60-90 minutes prior to the performance. I can't imagine it's that way for all of the performances in an evening, but I'm not sure.

We're planning to book a CP dining package on the 12/20, just because we really want to get seats, and don't want to hassle with longer-than-necessary lines.

Good luck!

Mickey91
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
The line can start at least 2 hours ahead and sometimes more. There is no guarantee that after standing in line that long there will be seats left. It all depends on how many pkgs are sold, etc. The dinner pkg is the only way to guarantee a seat.

ransam
09-02-2009, 12:15 AM
i would suggest to get them...you have to eat right? so kill two birds w/ one stone...(by the way... you can book a lunch, which is cheaper, even if it's hours before the candlelight processional)

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Do the dinner package. It comes in different tiers so depending on which restaurant you want the price per person will vary. I did Teppan Edo in Japan which was the highest tier, but it was worth it for the reserved seats.

disnewbie
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Thank you all for your input... I was afraid that might be the case (long waits and no guarantee). We'll have three children with us, so it's a matter of spending $178 + tax/tip even on lunch at San Angel. We'll have to eat, but we'll do something simple like a CS meal. Hmmmmmmm... We might just risk it and go on a Tuesday- when it might be less crowded. Maybe that will increase our chances????

*Thank you again*

jnfr2424
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
CP is going to be crowded reguardless what day you go. I went last year (the first night) and waited on line - when I lined up the first show just began so I heard the entire show standing and then I was lucky enough to be seated for the next show. With that being said, this year the package is booked