PDA

View Full Version : If you were making your ADRs tomorrow...

hope23
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
If you were making your ADRs tomorrow, what would be the top few restaurants you'd want to MAKE SURE you got? Can be breakfast, lunch or dinner... (I'm asking because I'm making ADRs soon and have DS 4 and DS 5).

Buddy08
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
We really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare at GF for breakfast , Cape May or Crystal Palace (all character meals). We also always eat at Sci-Fi and have eaten at Corsal Reef the last few times. At Animal Kingdom there is Yak and Yeti and I personally enjoy Rainforest Cafe.

tink179
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
When my kids were that age...they are 8, 6, and 3 they liked and still do...chef mickeys, Le Cellier, and Ohana. There are lots of kids interaction at chef mickeys and ohana. Ohana has limbo contests, coconut races, they get lei's, and the food is awesome. If the kids don't like what's on the menu you can request chicken nuggets or mac and cheese. At Chef Mickey's they do a napkin dance with the characters that's cute. At Le Cellier my kids are big steak eaters, so they like that there's steak on the kids menu.:thumbsup: We leave in about a week in a half and I'm almost as excited about the food as I am the trip itself! :secret:

sassy2000
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I would have to say my top priorities are Chef Mickey and Ohana for dinner. :mickey:

barbiegirl314
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
For me the following would be my must haves:

Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Le Cellier
Dinner Whispering Canyon
Dinner: Chef Mickey

robnadina
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
This is hitting close to home as we are a few months from our trip and ADR's will be made soon. It will be DD's first trip (duh she is only a year old) and I want to make dining part of the experience for her. So our top choices will be Crystal Palace (for Tigger), Chef Mickey (for Mickey), & Askerhaus Princess Breakfast. She is almost 18 mo old and she is starting to recognize the Princesses and like all little girls loves them.

SBETigg
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
With kids at those ages, I would want:

'Ohana dinner (fun for everyone, good food)

Sanaa dinner (animal-watching, nice intro to some new foods and flavors, alternatively Boma dinner)

Crystal Palace breakfast (pooh characters, pre-park opening to experience an almost empty MK)

Some World Showcase dinners or lunches, like Biergarten (kids love the band and dancing), San Angel Inn (always a favorite with my kids), Teppan Edo (also favorites, fun with cooking in front of you).

Maybe Chef Mickey's, any meal, more characters for the kids.

Hoop Dee Doo review, lots of fun, or Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner.

javamama
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Narccossee my parents said it was fantastic last year, dh and I took the kiddos to 1900 when they ate there so I must try it soon. For my kids 1900 Park they loved the Wicked Stepmother so it will have to be on our list from now on. Other than that California Grill is on my list, but without kiddos. Yak and Yeti CS was great so I'm thinking the TS must be good also.

KylesMom
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Ohana (Poly) - Dinner (close to opening time)
LeCellier (Epcot) - Dinner
Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)- Breakfast or Dinner
Sci-Fi (DHS) - Lunch
Crystal Palace (MK) - Lunch

:mickey:

eandrsmom
09-02-2009, 09:22 AM
My kids love Whispering Canyon, they love to parade around the diningroom on the wooden horses. We try to do Chef Mickey's on our arrival day, so we can get some of the character greeting out of the way. My kids also love the Rainforest Cafe. I've heard that T-Rex is cool, but we havent been there.....yet.

jnfr2424
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Chef Mickey
Crystal Palace
would be at the top of my list

darthmacho
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
For me the following would be my must haves:

Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Le Cellier
Dinner Whispering Canyon
Dinner: Chef Mickey

Wow, I was going to say the same thing! These are the places that I really want to take the kids when we go next year. I guess we Bostonians have a good sense of what's best, right? :mickey:

poeticeclipse
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
These are some of my favs and I think they would also go over very well with you family.

'Ohana - Dinner here is awesome! No characters but there is interaction with the entertainment and since the food is served family style kids are always entertained about whatever is brought to the table next.

Coral Reef - Two words - "BIG TANK" Kids flock to this restaurant because they can watch all of the amazing marine life swim by as they eat. The food here is also (in my opinion) some of the best that WDW has to offer.

Kona Cafe - Breakfast here is really nice and relaxing but DELICIOUS. I think you have to give kids a break from character meals and this just seems like the perfect way to start of the day with little ones.

Cape May Cafe - I'm in love with dinner here. Buffets are ALWAYS great with kids because they can choose what they want and don't want. Cape May's kids food is also very tasty (I would know... I eat some every time). The dessert is also REALLY REALLY good. Oh! And the kids can write on the tables here. Well, it doesn't only have to be kids.... :blush:

Mickey91
09-03-2009, 12:04 PM
CRT breakfast
Chef Mickey breakfast
If dining Jan/Feb LTT dinner
1900 Park Fair dinner
Coral Reef dinner
50's Prime Time dinner
Rose and Crown dinner
Le Cellier dinner

MushuGrl
09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Definitely lunch at Liberty Tree, and CRT breakfast.

Matter of fact, those are the only 2 ADRs we're making this year! (Fingers crossed on the CRT).

bruin1344
09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Ohana since Ive never eaten there and everyone raves about it.

Ms. Mode
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Le Cellier....haven't been there yet and want to give it a try :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Le'Cellier for dinner got it for the 1st time for our upcoming trip!!

Chef Mickeys for breakfast

Kona Cafe for breakfast

:mickey:

barbiegirl314
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow, I was going to say the same thing! These are the places that I really want to take the kids when we go next year. I guess we Bostonians have a good sense of what's best, right? :mickey:

No one knows good food and good times better then us Bostonians.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
09-05-2009, 11:58 AM
We have several "can't miss" places. For breakfast, it's Chef Mickey's. For dinner we love Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time, LeCellier and Rose & Crown. There are several others we really enjoy, but these are my favorites! As an added note, Liberty Tree Tavern would have been high on this list if the characters were still there. The food was so-so, but the characters and atmosphere were wonderful! I have sworn not to set foot in LTT until the characters return!

kemps@wdw
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Chef Mickey's (breakfast buffet) :thumbsup:
O'hanas (family style dinner) :thumbsup:
Hoop-Dee-Doo (Dinner show) :thumbsup:
Rose & Crown (great for viewing Illuminations) :thumbsup:
Whispering Canyon Cafe (loud, tasty, and fun):thumbsup:
50's Prime Time Cafe (comfort food) :thumbsup:
House of Blues (more comfort food) :thumbsup: