PDA

View Full Version : rain for aug and sept

renecat
09-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Could anyone tell me if they have just gotten back and how much rain they delt with while they were there? We leave in 7 days and it looks like lots of rain. Thanks for your replies:cloud9:

Bri
09-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I didn't just get back but I've been at this time of year before. It rained almost everyday but not for a very long time. Maybe a 20 minute thunderstorm. The first time I was there at this time of year I didn't bring a poncho and had to buy one in Epcot. But I never forgot it again!

It'sWDW4me
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I've been down three years in a row around this time (snif - not this year though :cry:) and I agree that most of the time the rain is relatively light and is done in 20-30 minutes. HOWEVER, in 2007 we had dinner reservations at LTT and wound up walking through a deluge. Seriously, the ponchos were nice but our shoes got so soaked that they were still wet 3 days later (I really don't like to put shoes through a dryer). We had horrible blisters on our feet from just a few hours of being in those wet shoes. I was very glad that I had packed an extra pair of sneakers for each of us.

Take ponchos but also take a second set of shoes - either an extra pair of sneakers or a pair of shoes that won't irritate your feet when wet (i.e. crocs or some sort of sandal).

Have a great time - I envy you leaving in only a few days!

johnO
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
We've been to WDW in the fall for the past couple of years. We just bring ponchos and brave the rain!:number1:

wishiniwasthere
09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
We have gone to DW the past four Septembers and honestly rain was never an issue. Last year it rained one time in our 7 day trip. The other years, there was little to no rain. I am heading down in 12 days!!!!! :mickey:

megustamex
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
When I lived in Florida it rained every day in September for about 45 minutes, usually right at 4:00. A deluge, as they said. Then the sun comes out again.

phillydan
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
We were there for 10 days (Aug 5-15). We had rain on 3 of those days. Fortunately, we were either in a restaurant or an indoor ride each time. The rain lasted about 45 min and it seemed like the end of the world (deluge of rain, lightning and thunder). The sun came out right afterwards and all was well within the hour. Our previous visits have all been in August and I can report similar weather patterns. Hope this helps.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
We just got back Sunday. It rained every day we were there but mostly just in the late afternoon. DH went on the Everest ride even though rain was threatening and got soaked because part of the ride is outside and slanted up and they got wetter than if they were not on the ride. We carried our ponchos every day and sometimes needed them and sometimes not but I was afraid to go without them. It wasn't that bad or for that long even though one night was a lot of lightening. It didn't seem to slow things down much.

09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Heavy thunderstorm and SERIOUS lightning last night around 7 pm through 9 pm. Lightning caused several house fires not too far from WDW in Windermere. Spectro and Wishes were delayed but went on late. Rained about 6:30 pm tonight and ended about 8:30. Same is forecast through this weekend.

IamBelle
09-02-2009, 06:39 AM
I got back last night, and left in a thunderstorm (scary!!) But, other than that, not too much rain, a few storms, but not too bad (we were eating when most occurred). I heard more hurricanes are coming around there, so the rain might get a little worse, but have fun. (Oh, and if you are in AK when it rains, a CM said to go on the Kilamanjaro Safari, the animals come really close when it rains)

Ian
09-02-2009, 07:21 AM
We've been here since Sunday and last night and the night before it pretty much rained from about 5:30PM on ... it's been so bad we haven't even seen any fireworks yet.