PDA

View Full Version : Rapunzel

RBrooksC
09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
If you get a chance, take a look at the Wikipedia page regarding this movie.

First off, I think this fairy tale is an excellent choice for a Disney movie.

Second, from what I have read about this movie, if they can pull of the animation technique they are trying, this movie will just look amazing.

If Disney can create a movie that uses CGI with the look of a hand-drawn oil painting, this could be the best looking Disney movie. Knowing John Lasseter is the executive produces means the story will not be given a poor treatment either.

What surprises me is the movie is a year away from release and I have heard hardly a peep about it.

I know The Princess and The Frog is the big push right now, but I figured there would be something more regarding this one.

I do hope, like with The Little Mermaid, The Princess and The Frog and Rapunzel begins a new Golden age of Disney Studio animation.

Patricia
09-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Rapunzel is on the D23 Expo Movie Event Line-Up. Lasseter will discuss and show materials from this movie.. I'm sure we'll hear more after the event.

The art work looks wonderful and the entire movie will look hand drawn, but is in 3D.

Lizzy
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
That's a much better picture than what the IMDB has. I can't wait for this one to come out

I still love hand drawn animation. I can appreciate the advances in technology that create the CGI movies, but they will never compare to the traditional for me, at least not for a very long time. the characters in the CG movies seem so stiff, no fluidity to their movement.

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Which is why I'm so excited for The Princess and the Frog. Hopefully it'll rekindle the love of traditional hand-drawn animation.

RBrooksC
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
That's a much better picture than what the IMDB has. I can't wait for this one to come out

I still love hand drawn animation. I can appreciate the advances in technology that create the CGI movies, but they will never compare to the traditional for me, at least not for a very long time. the characters in the CG movies seem so stiff, no fluidity to their movement.

I agree. And while I love hand-drawn Disney animation, I will say if they can get the "oil painting" look for this movie, I will be able to forget the CGI part of it and enjoy the beauty of what they have done.

IloveDisney71
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
First off, I think this fairy tale is an excellent choice for a Disney movie. ...

...I do hope, like with The Little Mermaid, The Princess and The Frog and Rapunzel begins a new Golden age of Disney Studio animation.

I totally agree. I can't wait to see both of these movies. :D

i'm grumpy
09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Finally some word. They had art work at DHS in 2005. Also a movie with a dog, but I have no idea what it was. :funny:

EJS-Houston
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I love how she's looped her hair around the balustrade to anchor it. I never could understand that part of the story: how the prince's weight didn't just yank her hair out at the roots.

And I would add my voice to the many who have a deep love for traditional Disney 2-D animation and would love to see a 2nd Disney animated musical renaissance!