PDA

View Full Version : No so scary Halloween, is it worth the price?

Running_Bell
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
We are going to WDW in mid Oct and have considered the Halloween party but honestly, was shocked at the cost. I did read that you could get in as early as 4pm... do you have to have a MK pass as well as the Halloween ticket? Do you think it is worth the cost?

renecat
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes |Yes Yes! You will enjoy every second of it. The parade and fireworks you won't see any other time. Hope you go an have a great time.:mickey:

indytraveler
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
For us to keep the cost down, we didn't buy a ticket that day. We hung out at our resort and ate before getting to the park. That way we could "afford" the party. It was well worth it. If you arrive at 4pm then you can ride as many rides as you want. Typically on those days the park is not as busy.

wdwnutz
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Last time we went you just needed the Halloween Party ticket. You will have a great time, it is so much fun for any age! And go in costume!

dml
09-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Yes, its definitely worth it! They sell a limited number of tickets so the park is not as crowded and you can ride everything with ease. Plus the parade, fireworks and trick or treating is great. There are also a lot of characters out. Going in costume is fun too! Enjoy!
:mickey::mickey:

GreenBeetle
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Absolutely, positively worth it!! :mpumpkin:
The fabulous decorations, costumes, awesome parade and fireworks . . . plus trick-or-treating. What's not to love??

delphinidae308
09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I, too, think the cost is definitely worth it. Loved the parade, the short lines for the rides, dressing up. I'd even be willing to pay to go again if I got the chance. It seems to be a party both adults and children enjoy. We also got in after 4pm with just the party ticket and when 7pm neared it was cool to hear the ghost host announcing through out the park that it was closing for the party, setting the mood for the night.

Running_Bell
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
well, that settles it... We will absolutely be going to the Halloween party. How are the costumes? Can they be homemade? I know they can't be scary... we're thinking pirate theme.

Thanks very much for the info!!

wdwnutz
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Pirate theme is great! It seems to be a popular one! When we went, I went as Sorcerer Mickey (homemade), DH was Uncle Sam (store bought) and DD was Cinderella (store bought). Make sure you pick up a schedule at the as you pass throught the train station for the times of the scheduled shows, parades, etc. during the night. And I think you still get a free picture taken at designated areas that they will ship free to your home.