PDA

View Full Version : Our "Nightastic" Vacation (Day 3)

maizey05
09-01-2009, 03:21 AM
After a very long day in at DL, the day prior, we decided to take it easier today. We went to CA, shortly after the gates opened. DS was sooo happy Mater and McQueen were available for photos! DM and I did Soarin'. Took DS over to MI. Never my favorite ride, but then, I've never seen the movie. We waited for a stage show nearby. After waiting 15 minutes, it was announced that it was delayed another 15 minutes. We came back, to find that it wasn't the show that was advertised, but a teen dance act. Arrrg! Went to bug's land. Did most of the rides there. DS saw Flik, who was in a hurry to get somewhere, which made him unhappy. Back to PPH, for naps for DS and I. We came back to CA, for Pixar Play Parade. DS was crabby, as he hadn't had much of a nap. Last year, this parade was his favorite thing at DL, but this time, he got squirted a lot, which made his mood even crabbier. We grabbed a bite to eat, at Cucina Cucamonga, which took 30 min, from the time we stepped in line, to when we got our food. DH, DS and I stepped in line for MFW. When we were close to the front of the line, DS started shaking and saying, "you don't want to ride the big ferris wheel...it's too big". (Note: by "you", he means I...we're working on that.) Good thing DM was waiting for us and agreed to watch him, while DH and I rode. We rode in the swinging gondola, with 3 teenish looking folks. The first time around, the ride stopped, every once in a while, to let riders on and off. When we were at the bottom, and about to go around again, there appeared to be technical difficulty. The ride opperator made us go forward, back, forward again, back, forward again. A second CM ran over to help the opperator, and it looked like there was some sort of technical difficulty. I've never done this before, but for some reason, I just freaked out. Since we were at the bottom anyway, I told the ride opperator I wanted off right then. He didn't hear me, so DH yelled for me. I was really panicking. We were let off, while it seems like everyone in line was looking at me like, "ok weirdo". I don't know why I got so anxious all of a sudden. It was strange to find that DM said our DS kept telling her that his mommy and daddy needed to get off the big ferris, while we were on the ride. Odd. Just odd.

glenpreece
09-01-2009, 11:44 PM
creepy and i was so looking forward to riding the Mickey Wheel in Oct. Hope things improve

NotaGeek
09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
creepy and i was so looking forward to riding the Mickey Wheel in Oct. Hope things improve
I have ridden the wheel both moving and non-moving and never had this happen ... I doubt there was anything "wrong" ... the operator probably just over shot the exact stopping marks.

Magic Smiles
09-02-2009, 06:50 AM
We just spent a week in DL in Aug and there was NO way I was going on the Mickey Wheel. Did just about everything else, including Maliboomer, but no Mickey Wheel for this girl even without technical difficulties. I get terrified just watching.
Sounds like you had busy days.

maizey05
09-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Obviously, I had no real reason to be afraid. I've been on the "sun wheel" a few other times, and loved it. Since I've had DS, I've been unnecessarily wary of things.

tinkwest
09-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Stationary baskets. Gotta be stationary baskets for me!

pdrlkr
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
:eyes: