PDA

View Full Version : Our "Nightastic" Vacation (Day 2)

maizey05
09-01-2009, 02:42 AM
We were finally in DL, at about 9:30am. The first thing I noticed, was that Great Moments w/ Mr. Lincoln, was closed. It's been forever since I've seen it, and I was looking forward to it. Onward to Fantasyland! DS and I rode the carousel first,(a tradition for us). Suddenly, DS realizes that he sees Dumbo. He could hardly contain himself, as we made our way through the line. Right away, I noticed that all lines seem to be quite long (which I had planned on, since it was peak season)...but wow! Rode Casey Jr., Teacups, then IASW. This was DS's first time on IASW, since it was down for refurb, during his first trip to DL. He had seen the clips of it on his Disney Singalong video though. A little while into the ride, it seemed he thought, "Ah ha! So this is the ride on the movie." I enjoyed looking for Disney characters throughout the ride, and thought everything looked great. Liked that if you listened closely enough, you could hear songs from the movie the characters were from. Very clever and subtle! On to Adventureland. Grabbed a Dolewhip and headed into the Tiki Room. I always appreciate the original show, after seeing the version at WDW. Did Tarzan's Treehouse and JC. Our guide was cooky and really hammed it up. Makes the ride so much more fun! DS was crabby, so off to nap, for he and DH. DM and I decided to go on Indy, as single riders. Asked 3 CM's where we were the single rider line was, and got 3 different answers. I told DM, I wondered if it was CM's "let's confuse the idots" day. With a 75 min. standby, we felt like we really beat the system, with our 10 minute wait...and we got to ride together. We headed to Splash Mountain, knowing there was a single rider line there also. (Note: I have been to DL more than 10 times, and have only done SM once before. Why? I can't stand the sensation of falling.) Although I was apprehensive about the big drop, I really enjoyed the ride, and the animatronics. Ran over to Innoventions, for a change of pace. We ended up chatting with a young man, who was playing the piano there. We saw he was reading "Twilight", and told him we were from Forks. We ended up chatting for about an hour. Turns out, he comes to DL 3 times a week, and always stops by to play the piano at Innoventions. He was super nice, intelligent, and a wonderful musician. If you see him, tell him hi from his friends in Forks.
DS and DH met up with us for dinner in the park. We watched "Magical" at the hub. Dumbo and "Baby Mine" were my favorite things about it. (I've sung that song to DS, since birth.) We were all pooped. Time for bed.

glenpreece
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Very busy fun filled day!!! Aren't single rider lines great!!!

pdrlkr
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: