PDA

View Full Version : Picnic in the Park at AK...

sleepycoconut
08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Has anyone tried it?

How was it ?

:balloon:

sleepycoconut
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Just bumping this up. I'm anxious to see if anyone has tried it!

Here is some info that I found...

Picnic in the Park

The order location for Picnic in the Park has moved to the counter outside the Island Mercantile store in Discovery Island. This new, permanent location is now the one and only spot to order picnic baskets at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The pickup location remains at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery in Africa. Picnics can be ordered until 1:30 p.m. daily.

As of June 27, 2009, Picnic In The Park has expanded to offer meals for two.

Tier 1 - Meal for Two
$17.99 + tax
2 Sandwiches, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

Tier 2 - Meal for Two
$20.99 + tax
4 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 3/4 lb. of Ham, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of April 7, 2009, Disney's Animal Kingdom began offering a new meal program called Picnic in the Park. As part of this program, you are able to purchase a meal for the family packaged in an "Every Tree Has Character" reusable bag, which can then be taken to one of a number of picnic spots throughout the park. Plates and utensils are provided. Meals include a choice of entrees, side dishes, desserts, and water. There are two tiers available:

Tier 1 features a chicken wrap, ham grinder, tuna pita, turkey focaccia sandwich, or portobello mushroom and vegetable wrap (vegetarian option), with pricing starting at $17.99 plus tax for a meal for two.

Meal for Two - $17.99 + tax
2 Sandwiches, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Three – $24.99 + tax
3 Sandwiches, 1 Large Gourmet Side, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four – $32.99 + tax
4 Sandwiches, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five – $40.99 + tax
5 Sandwiches, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six – $48.99 + tax
6 Sandwiches, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Tier 2 offers a choice of rotisserie chicken or ham, with pricing starting at $20.99 plus tax for a meal for two.

Meal for Two - $20.99 + tax
4 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 3/4 lb. of Ham, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Three – $29.99 + tax
6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 lb. of Ham, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four – $38.99 + tax
8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/4 lb. of Ham, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five – $47.99 + tax
10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six – $56.99 + tax
12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 3/4 lb. of Ham, 5 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Gourmet Sides (16 oz.)
-- Chips
-- Macaroni & Cheese
-- Seasonal Fruit Salad
-- Coleslaw
-- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
-- Tomato and Cucumber
-- Corn Medley
-- Orzo Pasta Salad
-- Green Beans
-- Tandoori Spiced Tofu and Zucchini Squash
-- Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Desserts
-- Apple
-- Brownie
-- Cookie
-- Cornbread
-- Crisped Rice Treat
-- Orange

NOTE: No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Guests with food allergies should alert the Cast Member when placing their order, who will then contact a chef.

Place your order at the Picnic in the Park podium located at the Island Mercantile shop on Discovery Island, between 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. daily.

Pick-up time needs to be at least two hours from the time the order is placed, and you'll need to bring the copy of the order form as confirmation. The pick-up location is at Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery.

Payment is due at time of the order. If you're on the Disney Dining Plan, Picnic in the Park may be used as a Quick Service Meal (requires one adult entitlement per meal amount). For example, a meal for three will require three adult entitlements.

Menai2WDW
09-07-2009, 06:33 AM
I am thinking about trying this for our October trip. It sounds fun but there are other great CS options at AK and I don't want to be disappointed.

Has anyone had any experience of Picnic in tha Park? (Good/Bad)

Thanks

Niecyboo
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
We tried the Picnic last week and it was wonderful. My family loved the Tusker House chicken and mashed potatoes back when it was counter service, and (to the best of my memory) that is what we got with the picnic. The food was hot, and the chocolate chip cookies were not the pre-packaged ones you get for desserts at other restaurants. You do need to order in advance, so don't wait until you are hungry to order.

Chic-a-pin
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm glad they're now offering it for 2 people, we're planning on trying it in November :mickey:

sleepycoconut
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM
YAY! I'm so glad that somebody tried it and liked it. I love all of our old tried & trues but it's always fun to try something new!:mickey:

Niceyboo...where did you go to eat it? Are there designated picnic areas?

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
This is so cool. I'm thinking of trying it next month....

Disney Doll
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Here's a previous thread with a couple of reviews: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156644&highlight=picnic. So far I've heard nothing but good things. We will try it in 3 weeks!