PDA

View Full Version : Raglans

SAH
08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Does anyone one have any reviews, good or bad about Raglans. We are going in October and would like to know if it is worth it. We have been to many Irish Pubs before in the NY/NJ/PA areas and wonder if we should try this also.:beer:

SBETigg
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
I really enjoy Raglan Road. Good food, lively atmosphere. It's a great choice in the Downtown Disney area.

SurferStitch
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
We've eaten at Raglan Road several times now, and loved it every time. The food and service are really great. I love the scallop forest appetizer.

We've seen the band and dancer each time, but this time we are eating earlier to miss the music. It does get EXTREMELY loud (almost too loud) when they play. You can't begin to talk while they play.

megustamex
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
The food is EXCELLENT. We also had the scallop appetizer and the fish and chips. It was like irish pub fare done upscale. Stay away from the band; it is loud.

AmandaChan
09-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Seriously, every single year it's the only restaurant that we've made a point to go to. We have never been disappointed. I recommend the Forest of Scallops as an appetizer and Tucher beer (kind of like blue moon but 20x better). The beef stew is delicious. We've tried many entrees and not a single one was anything less than delicious.

SurferStitch
09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
We'll have to try the Tucher beer. We love Blue Moon, so this will have to be a must-do for us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2009, 09:16 AM
We went in December and liked it well enough...I had the ITS not Bleedin Chowder which was quite good, my son had steak which also was good and mom had Kevin's Ham which was okay, desserts were average....overall we thought it was good, but not necessarily a Must Do.....

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I ate there a couple of years ago--had the Guinness and Onion Banger. It was excellent!

It is true the band is very loud. If this is bothersome, you can always ask the host/hostess to seat you at one of the tables away from the band. That helps a little.