PDA

View Full Version : best deal

JacobsMama
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
:mickey: We're planning a trip for Thanksgiving and trying to economize. I saw an ad for the Nickalodeon hotel for $79/night. Sounds a good deal, and i think the rates for the value disney resports are higher than that for that time. Can I get some feedback and suggestions? Thanks guys! It's my son's 10th birthday and we want to get the best deal we can afford!

BMan62
08-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Depends on which parks you are visiting - Disney or US.

Remember parking costs add up if you are going to be visiting Disney parks. I believe it's $12 per day.

SBETigg
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Considering the crowds at Thanksgiving, I would pay the extra to stay onsite and just think of it as assuring you get the most value for the money you pay, not just that you're paying the lowest price. The parks fill up early during holidays, stay pretty full all day, and staying onsite brings you that much closer to the parks and allows you to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. The price difference per night adds up and you might still prefer the Nickelodeon option, but just something to consider.

redlegwife96
08-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Just a suggestion...take a look at some of the travel rating sites for Nickelodeon before you book. Tripadvisor has guest reviews for Nickelodeon that may help you make a decision. We were going to stay there in December (following our Disney Poly stay) for my DD's 12th birthday because of the $79 a night deal. After reading the reviews, we chose a different hotel. If I were going to Disney at Thanksgiving, I would stay on property because of all of the perks...such as EMH and transportation. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

MonoMan
09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I think when considering the best value you need to take into account what your plans will be during the trip - if the majority of your time will spent at WDW it is worth it to pay more to stay on-site because you can take advantage of the transportation and extra magic hours.

diz_girl
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Also, during holidays, the parks can fill up fast (especially Christmas and New Year's, Easter and the Fourth of July) and sometimes close due to capacity. But there are different levels of capacity and they turn away people staying outside the parks before they turn away guests staying at WDW resorts. I haven't heard it happening at Thanksgiving, but it's possible.

eandrsmom
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I've also heard that they close the parks when they reach capacity. I've read that guests staying onsite are let into the parks while those who aren't staying onsite aren't.