PDA

View Full Version : we are planning our 2011 vacation and we need your advice.

Jim&AngieMarriner
08-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey there folks
We just decided that we want to be in the world in May 2011 for our next trip. I know that some may think this is to far our to plan but we want to put money away in a vacation savings account and not max out our credit card when we go. Not sure when we will be able to actually book it with Disney but thats what we are planning for at this point.

Anyway we are planning on staying at AS Movies and want to do the Deluxe Dining plan. (one table one counter one snack). I was wondering a few things and I hope those of you who have used this in the past can help us.
1. Character meals: Can you use the plan for these? does it count as more than one table meal?
2. Are there certain places that are so fancy/expensive that it counts as more than one table meal?

Thats it for now but im sure we will have more questions later and we will post them to this thread.

Thanks gang

jenperich
08-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Hello Jim and Angie,

Yes, you can definitely use the dining plan for character meals. Most are just one dining credit, however some are two - like Cinderella's Round Table(in the castle).

To answer your other question, there are definitely fancier restaurants that require more than one credit. Most of them are in the Magic Kingdom area resorts.

This page: (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp) will really help you figure out which restaurants are worth one and which are worth two credits.

Good luck and have a great time!

Jim&AngieMarriner
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Great Info! This will really help us figure out what we want to do. I guess I should have looked at that area first but honestly it didnt occur to me. Plus i am a fan of message boards anyway.

Thanks again

hmm going to have to update our dates in our signature block :mickey:

the other micki
08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi there! Just wanted to throw in that if you are booking a package, you should be able to book it in Aug. 2010. I highly recommend using Magical Journeys.

I'm hoping to get back to Disney in 2011 myself (maybe Sept.). Our last 2 trips were in May and I just love it then!

karenrarintogo
08-31-2009, 01:19 AM
I noticed you said you wanted the Deluxe Dining Plan. Actually one TS, one CS, and one snack is the Regular dining plan. :):)

karenrarintogo
08-31-2009, 01:22 AM
...also known as the Standard Dining Plan.:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Well I just checked with the Boss (DW) and we are planning on the Deluxe service and not the standard plan, So i guess I had the name right and just had the plan wrong in my head. GO figure. :thumbsup: