PDA

View Full Version : Three Parks in One Day. My Plan. What do you think?

spectrum2100
08-30-2009, 11:14 PM
So I'm going to Orlando the week of Sept 13-20, and I'm only going to the parks 2 days, because my wife isn't a disney fanatic like me, and I'm okay with that because I went a few days back in the spring with my cousins. We do have a 16 mo old baby we are going to take to the MK on the 16th of Sept, and I've got that pretty much planned out. What I need help is on the 17th I'm going to the parks alone, and I'm going to try to knock out the best of the world solo. My plan was to get to Epcot at rope drop, get a Fastpass and maybe ride Soarin' because it is my Fav. Thinking then leaving and riding a bus to the Studios, and getting a fastpass to Toy Story, then riding Tower of Terror and Rockin'n'Roller Coaster, and then finish a few favorite rides at the Studios, Star Tours, Muppets, ride toy story. Then going back to Epcot to knock out my favs over there. Get a fast pass to mission space, and single rider line Test Track. and then if i have time knock out some world showcase attractions i haven't hit up for a long time like american adventure, o canada, and impressions de france. Then if i have time ride a monorail to the MK (its open til 9p that night) and ride some of the bigger rides at the MK I didnt get to ride when i had the baby...like splash mt., thunder mt. pirates, and the haunted mansion.

So how does my plan sound?...do you think im trying to overachive or run myself to death? or do you think it will be possible because crowds in september are smaller? Is it true the FastPasses arent linked between parks, so I could grab one in Epcot and then in the Studios? Do you think its better to go to Epcot first and get a fast pass for soarin, or go to the studios and grab a fast pass for toy story...im thinking epcot, because I want to try to knock out the studios mostly before lunch...then spend the afternoon in epcot, and maybe the evening in the MK...

green ranger
08-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Toy Story Mania is a tough one. The lines always seem to be long and fast passes go quick. Last week, we arrived at HS around 10:15 and the fast passes for TSM were for 5:15. By 10:45, they were out of fast passes for that day. HS closed at 7 that day. You may be better off hitting HS first. Do any of the parks have extra magic hours in the morning on that day?
Good luck!

Mickey91
08-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Sounds like a lot to accomplish in one day. Plus you have the travel time between parks that takes forever. I would pick the park that has the ride(s) you love most first, do the MUST sees and then move to the next one and then if time, the next. Are you staying onsite? If so you could definitely benefit from extra magic hours! You'll need them!!! The crowds will be down from peak times, but your big attractions will still be a long wait.

spectrum2100
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Im not staying on site, and no, no magic hours anyways, not at any of the parks that I'm going to. Also with transportation, I thought about walking between Epcot and the Studios. Think I'll beat the buses if I walk at a pretty good pace?

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Im not staying on site, and no, no magic hours anyways, not at any of the parks that I'm going to. Also with transportation, I thought about walking between Epcot and the Studios. Think I'll beat the buses if I walk at a pretty good pace?

People underestimate how long this takes. This is quite a distance to walk. Even including the waiting time for the bus, riding, and departing, you'd get there faster by bus than you would by walking. Trust me.

Disney4us2
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I actually did 4 parks in one day so it can be done.

My DD wanted to do things we didn't get to do our first trip....

First stop was Animal Kingdom and the bone yard. Then on to (then MGM) DHS and the Honey I shrunk the Kids play area and Great Movie Ride. We took the boat from DHS to EPCOT.... nice and relaxing break. We went from Country to Country to finish her pasport that we started on our fist trip.

On to dinner with friends at Chef Mickeys and eveyone in our group went to MK.

It was tiring but one of the most fun days we had.:mickey:

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I actually did 4 parks in one day so it can be done.

My DD wanted to do things we didn't get to do our first trip....

First stop was Animal Kingdom and the bone yard. Then on to (then MGM) DHS and the Honey I shrunk the Kids play area and Great Movie Ride. We took the boat from DHS to EPCOT.... nice and relaxing break. We went from Country to Country to finish her pasport that we started on our fist trip.

On to dinner with friends at Chef Mickeys and eveyone in our group went to MK.

It was tiring but one of the most fun days we had.:mickey:

Thankfully the things you did generally have little to no wait. It sounds like the OP wants to hit up some of the most popular attractions in the three parks, all in one day.

Disney4us2
08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Thankfully the things you did generally have little to no wait. It sounds like the OP wants to hit up some of the most popular attractions in the three parks, all in one day.

Very true:blush:....the only wait we had was for the Great Movie Ride. We went to the parks just for those things. Even though we didn't wait for attractions, it took up our whole day for a 7 y/o to play.:mickey:

spectrum2100
08-31-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks for all your help guys!! Ill report back and let you know how everything turns out.

BigWes6
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
We call this RTD(ride to die)! Go for it ! Sounds like a great day ! If we were there we would be right there with you !!!!!!:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
People underestimate how long this takes. This is quite a distance to walk. Even including the waiting time for the bus, riding, and departing, you'd get there faster by bus than you would by walking. Trust me.

from epcot to studios i think i would take the boat, i think after epcot the studios is the next stop on the boat route, from the studios you have to stop at the resorts before you get to epcot

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
My only worry with your plan is that you seem to be backtracking too much.

I wouldn't plan on visiting each park more than once. So, start at DHS, then onto Epcot, then onto MK.

Soccermom12
09-01-2009, 08:52 AM
My family and I just got back from a trip (August 16 - 25) so I can give you some wait times. It would probably be less crowded when you go, but it might help you plan your day:

Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion had wait times between 10 and 20 minutes the whole time we were there. (as a side note - we took our 2.5 year old daughter on both - she was too young to be scared, granted our 6,8 and 11 year olds were petrified at HM).

Big Thunder and Splash were between 20 to 60 minutes (before 11 it was 20 after that it jumped to 60).

We were there for rope drop at Epcot....
The line for Soarin was 20 minutes - and while I waited with my daughter for my husband and sons to ride, the wait went to 60 minutes. We went back around noon to ride again....the line said 45 minute wait, but there was only about ten people in front of us.

Test Track was about 40 minute wait at 11 am.

We were also there for rope drop at HS....
The fast pass line for Toy Story was ridiculous! My husband ran for fastpasses for Tower of Terror and then rode Toy Story (took about an hour). I went straight to Toy Story and rode it twice in one hour.

Star Tours had a posted 10 to 20 minute wait all day (but like Soarin' we were able to walk right on numerous times).

I can't help with Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster times....we had fast passes...(with a party of 6 and only two people who like those types of rides).

If I were you I would goto HS first and ride Toy Story....then get fastpasses for RnR or TOT, ride which ever you didn't get fastpasses for, ride star tours and see the Muppet Show and go back for your fast pass ride. Then goto Epcot - hopefully you will get lucky like us with the short wait for Soarin' around lunchtime!

IamBelle
09-06-2009, 08:29 AM
We just came back from WDW and have done 3 parks in one day at least on three different days. We started with DHS and got a FP for Toy Story (really really fun ride btw!) and while we waited, saw everything we wanted to that day. Then, rode Toy Story and took the boat to EPCOT (about a 25 min. ride with all the stops they make). We did a few things there, got lunch at one of the countries, then took the monorail to MK and stayed until closing. (This is just one combination of how we did this-the other was AK, DHS, EPCOT)

I think it is better to go to Toy Story in the morning to get a FP rather than go to Soarin' first. We went to Soarin' in the middle of the day, and it was a 30-35 minute wait, with FP still available, unlike Toy Story, which runs out for the day before noon.
Have fun and enjoy your trip!

spectrum2100
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Well I'm back, and it's safe to say I hit everything I wanted to. Using fastpasses, and doing the big attractions first, pretty much made it where i think like 10 mins is the longest I waited for anything. On the day we took our 1 yr old to the MK, we pretty much hit everything in morning that she could go on, and went back in the afternoon, and hit all of the rides I wanted to, splash, thunder mt., haunted mansion x2, snow white (never rode it before), tea cups (never rode it before, whoa!) , and TTA (got to see the inside of space mt. with the lights on, pretty cool)

So on the day I wanted to do three parks, I just did two, Studios, and EPCOT. Got to the Studios at rope drop and knocked out Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller, Muppets, and Star Tours and watch Jedi Academy in 2 hours. So I had the rest of the day at Epcot, and was able to eat at the Land, Ride Test Track, Universe of Energy, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, hit up Club Cool, Tour World Showcase (spending sometime in each country and watch some street shows), American Adventure, Impressions de France, Off Kilter and then hit Test Track once more during Illuminations. Last one on Test Track, with no body around, very surreal..

Then we decided to stay in Orlando a couple of more days, so I went to the parks one more day, and decided to hit all 4 parks in one day, since it would be my last day. I was able to do a lot, but I was hard pressed for time, and felt like I was running and I wasted a lot of time with transportation, so I probably won't do that again. But it was still fun.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Hmmmm....a lot depends on crowd levels and how quick you can get to and from somewhere...I suppose its possible, but probable, I don't know:confused: