PDA

View Full Version : Menu Choices with Disney Dining Plan

karenrarintogo
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I know that appetizers are not included in in the disney dining plan, but I looked over several menus of places we have reservations at. I found that at the least, LeCellier, Nine Dragons, and Les Chefs de France all have a "fixed price" offering on their menus, including a salad or soup before the entree, a choice of several entrees, and a choice of several desserts. I am reading they can all be ordered as 1 TS on the Disney Dining Plan. So, no appetizer-- but at least a salad or soup. I know there are no substitutions, but better than nothing, right, if you like a little something before the entree without spending OOP.

Any other restaurants that offer something like this?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
The one that jumps to my mind is the skillet meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Again, you get a salad before the main skillet, and a choice of dessert for 1TS credit.

MNNHFLTX
08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I would make sure and ask your server at any restaurant what your options are with the DDP before you order. We found that some restaurants with "fixed price" meals did not always include them in the dining plan.

TheRustyScupper
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Any other restaurants that offer something like this?

1) No.
2) These are deals to bring in business during lunch hours.
3) Lunch is not good value for DDP.
4) So, this makes it look better.
5) You get an appy, but usually smaller portions.

Hammer
08-31-2009, 10:46 PM
2) These are deals to bring in business during lunch hours.

Actually, this deal is offered at dinner as well at Le Cellier, where you can use it with 1 TS credit. Same is true for the option at Chefs De France, though it is not included at Marrakesh. Also, as was previously mentioned, the salad is included as a course when you order the skillet at WCC. Another place where an appetizer course is included for 1 TS credit is Ohana.

Your best bet is to as your server if a "Chef's choice" menu option is included using the DDP.

karenrarintogo
08-31-2009, 11:37 PM
I read somewhere that there is a fixed price offering at Nine Dragons called "Treasures of the Dragon" that is a 3 or 4 course dinner that is 1 TS the Disney Dining Plan. It's not on the current menu that's on-line.
Can anyone confirm if this is true and still being offered?

RockinRollerMom
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
The soups/ salads etc. are included in all buffet prices. A lot of family style meals also include a salad for a starter. Not exactly what the OP was asking, but something to keep in mind.