PDA

View Full Version : "above and beyond" or "just a job"

Mickeydream
08-30-2009, 03:27 PM
We all know that a CM's job can be very stressful with long hours, big crowds, grouchy visitors, the heat in summer, etc. So I am sure that working at WDW can have its ups and downs like any job.

We have all encountered a CM who we feel has gone "above and beyond" to make our trip a little more special. But, we have also come across those that are just the opposite. It seems like they don't want to even be there let alone put on a smile.

My question to all former and current CM's is this: Before actually being with the guests either at a resort, restaurant or in the parks is there an "in-service program" to explain Walt's philosophy and ideals? :confused:

We just finished making our "thanks for a job well done" cards for our upcoming trip in Nov. We think those who excel should be commended. We look forwad to passing them out to CM's that deserve to be recognized.

Disney4us2
08-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I don't know about WDW, but at Disneyland there is a training day prior to going out and actually working called Traditions.

It was really fun learning how to make magic for the guests. They go into a lot of detail that I can't remember. We do go into the park itself for a CM tour. Learning how to direct guests to different areas etc.

At the end Mickey came out to give everyone thier CM ID cards.:mickey:

joanna71985
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
WDW has Traditions too.

I really enjoyed taking it. I found it to be really interesting.

Cindysprince
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm new here, but would like to put in my thoughts. It sure is great to find a CM that enjoys their job because it certainly shows and makes for a great time for those of us that visit. :mickey:

Phantod
09-09-2009, 09:48 PM
We just finished making our "thanks for a job well done" cards for our upcoming trip in Nov. We think those who excel should be commended. We look forwad to passing them out to CM's that deserve to be recognized.

Really like this idea. Hope you don't mind if we borrow...okay, steal it. :D

nicster
09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm new here, but would like to put in my thoughts. It sure is great to find a CM that enjoys their job because it certainly shows and makes for a great time for those of us that visit. :mickey:
:welcome: Let me first!:welcome:

Mickeydream
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Really like this idea. Hope you don't mind if we borrow...okay, steal it. :D

Don't mind at all....it's not a Mickeydream original. I got the idea here on Intercot after our last trip. So by all means make and distribute your cards and hopefully we show CM's how much we appreciate them. :mickey: