PDA

View Full Version : DW with an Infant

cmshelton1979
08-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I'll be going to DW with an infant next year, he'll be 8 months or so when we go. We'll be taking our 10 year old son, so we're not worried about that. We just are curious what you who have taken infants are able to do ride wise with them.

I am sure we'll do a lot of child swapping but would like to do a couple things as a family.

disneydeb
08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
In March, will be taking our almost 3 year old grandson and his almost 6 mo. old sister along with his mom and dad. We are excited and expect to do alot of swapping,but my hubby and I will be taking the younger two back to the room for a swim and a nap, while the almost thirty year olds ride the bigger kid rides.
Have fun!! We will....

:mickey:
deb

MinnieMommie
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
The youngest child I have visited WDW with was when my 2nd child was 10 months old and my first was 3(+). The thing that worked well for us was using a back pack for my 10 month old. The rides have height restrictions. The swap is a helpful detail you might consider taking advantage of. It will give everyone a chance to catch the rides they want. :mickey:

Disney Doll
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
DS had his first WDW trip at 12 months. He rode everything without a height requirement. They can actually ride most things. Having a baby carrier can be nice in line and so you feel more secure with your lap rider on the rides.

cmshelton1979
08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
DS had his first WDW trip at 12 months. He rode everything without a height requirement. They can actually ride most things. Having a baby carrier can be nice in line and so you feel more secure with your lap rider on the rides.

From what I have seen, we wont be able to take him on about 4 rides at MK. The Mountain rides and Goofy's Brainstormer.

StitchFan#1
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I went went as a six month old !

cmshelton1979
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
I went went as a six month old !

And you rode????? LOL

estein80
09-01-2009, 10:10 PM
We took my DD at 9 months and again at 11 (AP's are dangerous). We took her on everything that didn't have a height restriction. I have to second the post about the carrier. My was a lifesaver. I was able to take her out when I wanted on a ride, but also we were able to let her fall asleep on me, so that we could still go on rides while she slept. DD also really enjoyed watching the parades, with the music, colors and action.

SAHDad
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
We took both our kids when they were less than a year old. Both of them rode many of the rides in the MK that lacked a height requirement (we might have passed on Small World or something), and just made sure that we kept them out of the sun and allowed for naps.